Associate Director HR Services Procurement – Learning & Development Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Associate Director of Human Resources Services Procurement – Learning & Development, reporting into Merck’s Director of Human Resources Services Procurement, leads the training, talent development programs and talent assessment categories of HR spend with opportunities in additional HR categories. The Associate Director will lead the development of procurement strategy, Global Category Management, contract management, risk management, stakeholder management, and supplier value management within this category. The incumbent will develop and maintain strong relationships with key leaders in Human Resources and other corporate functions.
Primary activities include, but are not limited to:
- Leadership - As a key leader of a category of spend, responsible to develop then implement sourcing strategy and ensure alignment, compliance and delivery of required business performance.
- Procurement Leadership - Serves as a leader and exemplar of Sourcing Management and Global Category Management. Provide the leadership on cross category initiatives to build a high performance procurement team across Merck’s businesses and regions.
- Innovation - Utilize analytical and strategic thinking to develop innovative strategies and approaches in the category
- Process - Realize sourcing management, supplier value management, risk management, supplier diversity and SAP as core sustainable processes and enablers of end-to-end delivery.
- Performance - Deliver ongoing savings as required, as well as meeting the stakeholder business requirements.
- Relationships - Build outstanding relationships with stakeholders, which are oriented to meeting their business needs.
- Change Management - Adopt high quality change practices with customers and stakeholders, building and implementing an organization, which is sustainable. Be a personal exemplar of the Merck Leadership Standards.
- Global - Ensure that the approach adopted is aligned with and supports Merck global procurement strategy and Global Category Management and Ways of Working.
- Diversity - Actively support diversity, both within Merck as well as expanding relationships and spend with Diverse Suppliers.
- Supplier Relationship Management - Implements Supplier Relationship Management with the key suppliers in this category to foster innovation, manage supplier performance, establish a Governance Model, and ensure continuous improvement.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Undergraduate Degree required
Required Experience and Skills:
- Procurement - 7 years Global Procurement / Global Strategic Sourcing or global business management (consulting, Finance) experience
- Technical – Indirect Procurement global category management knowledge, including global experience in Professional and/or Human Resources Services
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal & influential skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization; demonstrated ability to work well with people from many different disciplines
- Expert knowledge of technology sourcing activities including RFP development, bid response evaluation, and contract negotiations
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills including ability to make clear and concise presentations
- Excellent leadership and team building skills with passion to solve problems and a drive for results
- Experience managing multiple simultaneous and complex projects requiring frequent communication, organizing/time management and problem solving skills
- Ability to translate strategic vision into tactical plans and manage the change required to execute
- High degree of flexibility and adaptability to deal with ambiguous and dynamic situations
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Services Procurement
Job Title:Assoc. Dir, Procurement
Primary Location: NA-US-PA-West Point
Other Locations: NA-US-NJ-Kenilworth, NA-US-NJ-Whitehouse Station West
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Manager, Training, Procurement, Consulting, ERP, Management, Education, Operations, Technology