This job is currently Archived,
Associate Director, High Throughput Screening Wilmington United States,
Posted on : 10 July 2017
- Our company is a fast growing biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of proprietary therapeutics, primarily for oncology.
- We are part of the S&P 500 and named one of the Forbes most innovative companies in the U.S.
- Our first commercial product, Jakafi?, is approved in the U.S. for patients with intermediate or high-risk myelofibrosis and for patients with polycythemia vera and projected to reach $1 billion in annual sales this year.
- We have a diverse and growing portfolio of product candidates, including both small and large molecules.
- Our company employees enjoy a rewarding fast paced work environment, competitive compensation, an affordable cost of living and close proximity to Philadelphia, Baltimore, D.C. and the New Jersey and Delaware beaches.
- Our company is seeking a candidate with industry experience in assay development, high throughput screening and hit validation.
- He/she will manage a group that is responsible for assay development, conducting high throughput screens and transition into hits to leads chemistry efforts.
- As a key member of early drug discovery programs at our company, he/she will provide leadership in lead finding efforts and interact directly with the compound handling group, hits to leads chemistry group, structural biologists, and the full projects teams upon initiation of medicinal chemistry.
- The successful candidate will provide leadership and direction as company expands it HTS capabilities.
- The evaluation, development and integration of new technology will also be an important aspect of this role. Expertise in mechanistic biochemistry, enzymology, biophysics or related field, broad experience in high throughput assay development, screening and hit validation and experience managing other scientists is required.
- Provide expertise and leadership in the company's lead finding projects
- Management of a group of HTS scientists and direction of multiple screening campaigns across varied target families and hit validation
- Evaluate, institute and integrate new technology into the drug discovery process
- Act as a key member for drug discovery project teams and interact directly with hits to leads chemistry group and biology target leads
- Participate as member of the new target discovery team and provide expertise in target evaluation and lead discovery strategy
- Experience in chemical library acquisition and/or compound handling a plus
- Ph.D. in biochemistry or related field, plus a minimum of 6 years of experience
- Proven experience with lead generation success in support of drug discovery programs
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven experience managing direct and indirect reports
- Self-driven, creative and entrepreneurial with ability to support multiple programs simultaneously
Find a Job Find Candidates