Associate Director / Director, Health Economics & Market Access Europe - Switzerland
- The main purpose of the position is to support company marketed products as well as future disease indications.
- In short, it will be providing support to the respective EU teams/countries such as to ensure optimal launch strategies, to deliver adequate representation of outcomes research parameters and to support the optimization of life cycle plans.
- Therefore, this broad market access role will shape regional strategies and will also involve with ‘hands-on’ direct payer interactions in multiple countries.
The two main focuses of the role will be:
- Health economics: health economic modeling, global health technology assessment procedures and guidelines, evidentiary threshold assessments of pipeline assets, evidence synthesis and dissemination, outcome research study strategy.
- Local market access execution: local pricing and reimbursement procedures, stakeholder mapping, direct customer/payer engagement with local authorities, local price negotiations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify payer needs (unmet medical need, suitable comparators and competitive space) and anticipate payers’ reaction to company products.
- Conduct of a gap analysis between payer expectations and what the product can deliver.
- Develop a plan to address identified gaps through studies, publications, and communications.
- Develop the strategy for health economic studies and partner with medical affairs teams for protocol design.
- Provide input to Global Market Access in order to develop a product’s value proposition that meets the European Region needs and to steer the development/updating of the product value repositories (health economic model, value proposition, commercial toolkit).
- Support the commissioning and preparation of health economic & outcomes research analyses necessary for reimbursement submissions & competitive messaging.
- Partner with the country General Managers to define the negotiation strategy per country, directly engage payers and health authorities (e.g. NICE, SMC, AIFA, TLV, etc.) and attend negotiations as needed.
- Market research and provide regular updates on the competitors’ landscape for company’s core disease areas.
- Significant participation with advanced strategic contribution, in company’s various commercial leadership teams.
- Contribute positively to a strong culture of business integrity and ethics
- Act within compliance and legal requirements as well as within company guidelines
- Postgraduate level (master or higher) training in economics or an analytical commercial discipline.
- Significant experience in Europe at both country and regional levels in health economics and reimbursement in the areas of oncology, hematology or other complex treatments.
- Preferably, prior experience in achieving positive HTA outcomes and/or experience in direct negotiation with local health authorities, reimbursement agencies, hospital administrators and health care insurance companies.
- In-depth understanding of payers and their perspective in the key European markets, as well as trends in Pricing & Reimbursement.
- Solid scientific background enabling the assessment of trial design and clinical data impact on payer strategies and the ability to challenge clinical development or medical affairs departments.
- Solid commercial background gained through graduate training or prior experience.
- Able to identify key product advantages in the context of market requirements and provide key ideas for developing individual value propositions around company’s products.
- Can develop a clear understanding of the company’s financial goals, with a clear ability to prioritize, setting up timelines on an international level.
- Can effectively liaise with company Medical Affairs, Marketing, Indication and local teams and creating an efficient working style within the matrix and a cross-cultural work environment.
- As a functional representative, good social/economic skills and a representative appearance are absolutely essential.
- Have strong influencing/negotiation skills and able to work at peer-level with experienced technical and commercial experts in other departments.
- Display business confidence to constructively challenge colleagues in other functions.
- Have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex or technical content in a convincing way to non-technical audiences.
- Display excellent business English skills, with first-rate communication abilities.
- Any other European language is a plus.