Associate Director, Global Promotion Job - United States
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Associate Director, Global Promotion is responsible for leading the development, approval, and release of all Healthcare Professional (HCP), Healthcare Consumer (HCC), and Medical Education (MedEd) programs/resources.
This role will support the Adult Vaccines and Women’s Health franchises and will work closely with top markets to understand content and timing needs. The candidate will ensure all activities are in full compliance with appropriate regulations and company policies, and will effectively apply the brand strategy and objectives across each program/resource.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- HCP and HCC (where applicable) Promotion
- Development of core launch campaign, messages, and resources based on customer needs/insights and aligned with franchise strategy
- Development of digital resources to extend reach across multiple non-personal channels
- Medical Education
- Integrate learnings from scientific leader (SL) engagements and key scientific data to inform development/refinement of the Scientific Platform
- Development of medical education resources for peer-to-peer use by SLs and speakers
- Other Key Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate leadership behaviors and maintain adherence to Merck compliance goals and policies
- Collaborate with multiple teams, including Promotion Review Team (PRT), Global Market Research, Global Marketing Operations, and Learning & Development
- Work with Global Medical Affairs on MedEd content development to ensure integrated and consistent educational information to customers
- Drive measurement and improvement of the effectiveness across promotion and MedEd resources/programs
- Agency/vendor management
- Budget management
- Global Toolbox management, Global Modular Content
- Bachelor's Degree required, MBA/Advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years combined experience in pharmaceutical marketing / marketing support / sales functions
- Astute business decision, analytical skills with the ability to synthesize complex data into a recommendation for HCP and/or medical education content development
- Prior experience in successfully leading cross-functional teams
- Strong knowledge of marketing principles
- Digital / non-personal promotion experience
- Agency/vendor management experience
- Strong project management skills
- Product/New indication/Market event launch experience
- Strong strategic thinking
- 2+ years category experience
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Marketing Communications/Channels
Job Title:Assoc. Dir, Marketing Comms/Channels
Primary Location: NA-US-NJ-Cokesbury
Other Locations: NA-US-PA-Upper Gwynedd, NA-US-NJ-Kenilworth
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Company Trade Name:Merck
Job Segment: Manager, Medical, Pharmaceutical, Pharmaceutical Sales, Management, Healthcare, Science, Sales, Research