Associate Director, Global Internal Audit - Belgium
The successful candidate for this role will assist Global Internal Audit (GIA) senior management in the execution of the GIA ‘terms of reference’ (mission and operating principles) and its integration into the audit plan:
- Client excellence – to build effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders; manage mutual expectations and timely report information regarding the results of GIA work.
- Audit organization & strategy – to conduct GIA activities based upon professional practices such as due professional care, competency and integrity; enhancing the internal control environment, and assisting management in financial reporting governance.
- Audit planning and processes – to assist in the development and execution of the audit plan based upon risk assessment and assist management in continuous improvements
- Work closely with all levels of financial and operation management within the Company, in a partnering environment, to take a leadership role over the process of control improvement.
- Promote and facilitate the enhancement of company-wide internal control environment.
- Assist in the company wide roll-out of internal control programs.
- Facilitate the development of and completion of internal control awareness and education programs and partnered risk-control self-assessments.
- Assist management in completing self-assessment reports, and in developing solutions Internal audit - program:
- Assist in the planning and execution of audit engagements based upon a risk-based audit plan.
- Lead cycle/process audits both at global and entity levels.
- Draft audit observations and recommendations.
- Present audit results to stakeholders
- At least 10 of total working experience
- 5 years’ of experience in finance, accounting or operations, external audit firm or internal audit – preferably with experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Knowledge of Finance and Accounting, or experience in an operational role.
- Essential personal characteristics for the role, including integrity, reliability, self-motivation and respect for the confidentiality inherent to the profession.
- Ability to work with all levels of management and within a matrix organization.
- Mature, able to work in team as well as autonomously.
- High degree of integrity and objectivity
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Self-starter, motivated.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Performing effectively under pressure.
- Promotable in a short-time frame.
- Competence in using audit tools and techniques.
- Knowledge of SAP is an advantage
- Excellent knowledge of English, any other language is an asset.
- Willing to travel up to 40 % (worldwide).
Job Segment: Audit, Internal Audit, Manager, ERP, Pharmaceutical, Finance, Management, Technology, Science