This job is currently Archived,
Associate Director, Global Commercial Insights New Haven United States,
Posted on : 12 June 2017
The role of the Associate Director, Global Commercial Insights, Soliris is to support the Complement Inhibition franchise by enabling high quality, evidence based decision making. This person will work directly with the Global marketing team for PNH, as well as regional affiliates on the design and execution of global and region specific primary market research projects. Additionally this individual will also be responsible for various analytics on secondary, syndicated, and internal data to ensure that insights are holistic and strategic in nature.
- Take leadership of all aspects of the primary market research projects understanding the business need; designing a project to answer the business question methodology, vendor; executing the project in a timely manner and within budget; presentation of final results and strategic insights.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative primary market research
- Go beyond a project-based mindset and be a strategic partner. Offer strategic insights, communicate these clearly, and ensure that these drive business decisions.
- Effective use of internal & external secondary/syndicated data sources to conduct appropriate analysis
- Review and assess market research agencies and data suppliers. This will encompass a variety of agencies - those that provide primary research and secondary data
- Aid in the enhancement of a global dashboard for monitoring PNH performance across the top 10 countries combining metrics from primary, secondary, and internal data
- Assessing/reporting on monthly performance for PNH with clear insights and actionable take ways.
- Managing the Quarterly Business Review for PNH, including appropriate performance indicators; insights from primary market research and CRM data analytics - to prepare the Therapeutic leadership for discussions with Senior Management
- Support the annual situational analysis in preparation for the Strategic Planning process and tactical implementation from a Global Commercial Insights perspective.
- Develop strong partnerships with cross-functional teams marketing, medical, sales, data management
- Ensure relevant team members are engaged at key stages of project
- There is full team buy-in on the project and its deliverables
- Leverage partnerships with regional affiliates to identify best practices in market research and share these with globally
- Arrange presentations/meetings to share insights on a regular basis
- Remain flexible as work responsibilities change based on business needs.
- >5 years of experience in primary and secondary market research
- Experience in a pharmaceutical or biotech company preferred
- Experience in specialty/orphan drugs preferred
- Experience in a global role preferred.
- Analytical Skills knowledge of SPSS, SAS will be a plus
- Computer Skills Excel, PowerPoint
- Fluency in English both written and oral mandatory, fluency in other languages is a plus
- Ability to travel ~30% of time
- Bachelor s degree in life science and/or business / marketing.
- Masters/PhD degree preferred marketing, market research, statistics and related fields
- Our company is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and delivering life-transforming therapies for patients with devastating and rare disorders. Our company developed and commercializes the first and only approved complement inhibitor to treat patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH) and atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS), two life-threatening ultra-rare disorders.
- As the global leader in complement inhibition, our company is strengthening and broadening its portfolio of complement inhibitors, including evaluating potential indications for eculizumab in additional severe and ultra-rare disorders.
- Our company's metabolic franchise includes two highly innovative enzyme replacement therapies for patients with life-threatening and ultra-rare disorders
- In addition, our company is advancing the most robust rare disease pipeline in the biotech industry, with highly innovative product candidates in multiple therapeutic areas.
New Haven US
Find a Job Find Candidates