Associate Director, Global Commercial Business Intelligence - United States
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
Commercial Ops Global
The Associate Director, Global commercial Business Intelligence has responsibility for the data management and architecture, operational responsibility for the collection, analysis, and dissemination of sales and market data supporting BioMarin’s global commercial operations. The individual will manage systems that support the Commercial teams and internal management with decision-based information and various functions such as sales forecasting, sales tracking, trend evaluation and analysis, market and competitive analysis. The individual will chart the future facing data framework to meet the evolving needs of the organization. The individual will have a passion for data process design and for building continual improvement in efficiencies. The individual will gather data from various sources, update proprietary company databases, and design, create, and configure distribution of reports and dashboards.
- Responsible for collaboratively charting strategic direction and platform roadmaps
- Designs, develops, and administers sales data warehouse, reporting infrastructure and associated systems to facilitate the capture, metric creation, analysis and reporting of sales and market data; also responsible for designing and building of corporate reports
- Administers and maintains data sources and related business processes in Microsoft SQL Server and Salesforce.com environments, including building and maintaining automated ETL processes and data infrastructure
- Responsible for development and optimization of CRM platform
- Responsible for managing 3rd party relationships with our data development partners and contractors
- Responsible for ongoing project management of data platform process enhancements leveraging best practices and appropriate design principles
- Supports, advises, and collaborates with all levels of personnel on various sales and marketing data issues, on a global level.
- Five plus years of experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry, including three years specific experience in sales operations
- Excellent analytical, project management and communication skills are essential
- Exceptional qualitative, quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Experience using the following applications and resources desired: Salesforce.com, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle OBIEE, Tableau Desktop
- Experience with data management, data architecture, ETL, process design and data warehouse principles
- Experience transcribing business requirements, creating project plans and technical documentation and managing technical projects
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.