This job is currently Archived,
Associate Director, Finance Solothurn Switzerland,
Posted on : 07 May 2017
- The Associate Director will be overseeing all Accounting and Finance activities at the Manufacturing site, including Budgeting/Forecasting and the monthly, quarterly and annual accounting closes.
- In addition, this position will represent Finance on the Senior Leadership Team and be a key strategic partner to the VP of European Manufacturing at the site.
The key responsibilities are as follows:
- Responsible for site related long range planning, annual operating plan, periodic forecasts and monitoring/reporting ongoing business performance against budgets/forecasts.
- Identify and understand drivers of variances and risk factors to meeting goals and objectives, provide decision support and scenario analysis where appropriate.
- Work closely with local project managers and the corporate accounting fixed assets group in overseeing the fixed asset and project accounting for the site.
- Ensure assets are placed into service in a timely manner and in accordance with company Fixed Asset Policies.
- Ensure accurate and timely financial reporting including but not limited to the following tasks:
- Proper review, accounting and classification of costs
- As plant transitions from construction phase to manufacturing, work closely with inventory accounting group to ensure proper standard costs, inventory accounting and capitalization
- Submission of internal financial results per the Corporate Accounting calendar
- Submission of statutory and tax filings are submitted to Swiss authorities before key deadlines.
- Ensure a strong and effective internal control environment to minimize internal and external audit findings and to ensure that no material control weaknesses exist at the site. Facilitate the timely completion of internal and external audits by ensuring that all SOX and audit requests are submitted within the agreed upon time frame.
- Ensure proper inter-company accounting and tax filing, including preparation of billings for work performed for other group companies
- As a member of the leadership team, provide value-added counsel and strategic guidance to the site GM and other key stakeholders.
- Positively influence stakeholders through a deep understanding of operational objectives, key performance measures and leading practices
- Liaise with other functions as necessary in a matrix organization, these include but are not limited to international accounting, regional leadership and corporate headquarters.
- The ideal candidate hold a relevant degree combined with solid, hands-on experience from a manufacturing/operation environment, including:
- Strong knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, including 10+ years of experience in a finance/accounting role supporting manufacturing operations.
- At least 5 years prior experience supervising professional-level accounting staff.
- High level of competency in Oracle Financials, MS Excel, Business Objects and Hyperion.
- Bachelor s Degree in Accounting (or equivalent) required
- CPA/Equivalent or MBA preferred
- Through cutting-edge science and medicine, our company discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases.
- Our company is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer s disease, Parkinson s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
- Our company also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics.
- Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
- Our company was founded in 1978 and today serves patients in nearly 70 countries.
Job Segment: Biotech, Manager, Database, ERP, Financial, Science, Management, Technology, Finance
Find a Job Find Candidates