Associate Director, Facilities Management - Switzerland
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
- As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career
- We have an exciting opportunity for an Associate Director, Facilities Management – Middle East Cluster to operate from our company International Headquarters.
- The role will report to the Regional Director Facilities Management, EMEAC.
- The person in this position will work alongside Senior leaders and regional colleagues with the responsibility for our office portfolio.
Compliance and Safety
Creating a safe and compliant work environment for all local company employees across the Middle East cluster.
Understanding client business strategies and developing customer centric action plans for integrated regional alignment on service delivery and sharing of best practice.
Evaluating opportunities via innovative-novel delivery solutions driven by data analytics.
- Ensuring cost effective, efficient delivery and coordination of Facilities Management services working in partnership with our International Facilities Management provider.s
- Budgeting, monitoring and controlling of FM site finances for both Opex and Capex spend and execute on facility related projects.
- Implementing global and regional Facility Management strategies within the office portfolio.
- Ensuring services, real estate and workplace solutions meet business needs while complying to company Corporate standards.
- Operate as the local Safety Co-ordinator
- ensuring that Facilities Management provider procedures are developed and effectively implemented to achieve compliance with local regulatory requirements and company's minimum requirements for Health & Safety, Security, Environmental initiatives and other compliance requirements.
- Manage performance of International Facilities Management provider through governance processes against agreed KPIs, savings targets and expense budgets for delivery of services in countries.
- Define service levels in accordance with sites and Facilities Management business needs ensuring efficient and cost effective delivery.
- Partner with International Facilities Management Provider to identify cost savings and innovations in the operation and utilisation of the buildings and delivery of services ensuring the adoption of best practice and continuous improvement.
- Lead the Facility Management interface with senior stakeholders based at the country sites, ensuring their understanding of, and buy in, to all projects and matters relating to the operation of the Facilities Management contract/delivery of services.
- Manage Facility Management expense budgets, identify and understand budget variances, taking controlling actions as necessary, ensure the provision of revised financial forecasts and approve variable expenditure.
- Set and manage Facility Management annual and long range capital budgets.
- Identify, charter and manage facility and infrastructure related capital projects to meet business needs and promote the efficient operation of the buildings and work places (refurbishments, office moves, building infrastructure, furniture etc).
- Plan and manage short term building capacity and occupancy optimizing footprint as required.
- Participate in the global initiative to contain company's use of energy (GET).
- Produce, analyse and use metrics relating to the occupancy, cost effectiveness and efficiency of the site.
- Attend regional Facility Management meetings to ensure alignment with global and regional strategies and initiatives.
- Represent issues and concerns affecting FM activities from the site.
- Provide oversight and ensure effective administration of Fleet Management.
- Work closely with the Facilities Management colleagues within the team and cross-functionally to achieve results.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- University Degree in Engineering, Finance or other related discipline.
- Strong Environmental, Health and Safety background with proven Safety record.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar role within Pharma related industry, Facilities Management vendor or any other related industry.
- Project management experience with the ability to apply change management and continuous improvement methodologies.
- Six sigma qualification is preferred, but not required.
- Excellent written and spoken English (full proficiency at working level).
- Country cluster experience will be ideal, but not required.
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Strategic thinking
- Analytical thinking-data driven
- Ability to work in a matrix organization
- Ability to express views and support them effectively
- Cultural Awareness
- Please note that there is approximately 40% travelling in this role.
- Our employees are the key to our company’s success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program.
- Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Job Segment: Manager, Facilities, Engineer, Law, Change Management, Management, Operations, Engineering, Legal