This job is currently Archived,
Associate Director, EU+ Customer & Market Insights (CMI) - Switzerland
Posted on : 19 June 2017
- To create integrated strategic insights and analytics on EU+ performance utilizing Market Research, primary and secondary Analytics & Reporting and Competitive Intelligence. Within these insight disciplines drives and build functional excellence using strategic thinking and advanced business analytics capabilities. Provides regular insight generating recommendations for the monthly performance supporting EU+ brand / franchise strategy in collaboration with the Regional Brand teams and affiliates (and as appropriate Global stakeholders and other functions).
- Develops people and the CMI function by leading projects and ad-hoc managerial tasks in support of the Head of EU+ Customer Market & Insights.
Shape the EU+ CMI Processes
- Leads and develops the process of onboarding new EU+ CMI members across region and co-leads, with the Head of EU+ CMI, and the development of team talent
- Partner with EU+ CE&O cross-functional brand team to understand business objectives and develop strategic actions
- Shape and co-lead EU+ CMI strategic insight processes
- Develop and maintain KPI’s for brands and TA and provide tracking of performance across EU+
- Co-ordinate guidance and best practices to support decision making and ensure consistent communication with Global/Regional brand teams and local stakeholders
Forecasting & Analytics
- Support the development of our annual long-range forecasts (LRP), providing input into case scenarios, assumptions, etc.
- Apply analytical expertise to support decision making, conducting critical analyses by integrating multiple data sources to provide an objective viewpoint
- Leverage analytics expertise and brand/TA knowledge to align and support the organization during key business processes such as Business Reviews, Annual Operating Planning, F’s, Integrated Product Planning Process etc.
- Provide leadership with recommendations during the regular forecasting cycles (AOP/F’s/Country reviews) supporting the EU+ Leadership
- Plan and co-ordinate assigned market research within EU+ CMI team and Global Program Leads
- Identify MR needs/data gaps for MS in EU+ and design & deliver research to address
- Provide rigorous assessment and diagnosis of brand and market performance, presenting insights and recommendations
- Co-ordinate and execute parts the CI plan within the CMI team
- Identify and collate EU+ CI, communicating insights to Regional and Global brand / franchise teams
- Min. 10 years relevant experience within a life sciences company or consulting firm supporting the healthcare industry with a specific focus on delivery of market analytics and research.
- Has a broad understanding of pharmaceutical data, including market research data, and which source to leverage in order to answer business questions most effectively.
- Excellent strategic thinking capabilities with ability to synthesize large amounts of information and logically structure PowerPoint deliverables.
- Highly collaborative - must be able to navigate and manage the needs of multiple stakeholders and take guidance and direction from CMI peers and Senior Leadership.
- Strong communication skills, particularly executive presentation skills.
Other Experience Requirements:
- Solid understanding of commercial business, strategy and industry standard datasets.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skill set.
- Strong project management skills, focused on attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong cross-functional coordination skills.
- Driven, highly self-motivated, confident, high-energy, bright and creative individual with desire and ability to own a high profile part of the business.
- Strong computer aptitude and ability to learn systems quickly.
- Strong capability in juggling priorities so that deadlines are met while retaining consistently high quality outcome.
- Knowledge of key issues and current developments in the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries is desirable.
- B.S. in business, the life sciences, pharmacy, or chemistry (advanced biology, medicine-related degree preferred).
- MBA is desired.
- Through cutting-edge science and medicine, our company discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases.
- Our company is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
- Our company also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics.
- Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
- Our company was founded in 1978 and today serves patients in nearly 70 countries.
- We aspire to have the greatest impact on patients and science of any biotechnology company in the history of our industry.
- To us, that means creating novel medicines that benefit individuals and society, and bringing new scientific understanding to diseases for which there are no adequate treatments.
- For nearly two decades our company has led in the research and development of new therapies to treat MS, including the most prescribed oral treatment in the world.
- Now our research is driving revolutionary new MS treatments with the goal of reversing or even repairing damage caused by the disease.
- We are now applying our neurological expertise to solve some of most challenging and complex diseases of the brain, including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and ALS.
- As we uncover new insights into human biology, our company is employing cutting-edge technologies to discover potential treatments for rare and genetic disorders.
- Our company is revolutionizing biologic manufacturing, developing the industry’s most advanced plants and processes.
- This expertise is used to produce both original innovative therapies and bio similar that expand patient access to lower-cost medicines.
Our Corporate Citizenship
- The same intellectual discipline and passion that drives our science is reflected in our corporate citizenship, environmental sustainability, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- As a company, we are focused on improving science education and limiting the impact of our company on the environment.
Job Segment: Biotech, Manager, Pharmaceutical, Consulting, Science, Management, Research, Technology