Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Establishes and leads the development of the overall EQA strategic vision (Line of Sight) on EQA strategic priorities and the plan for executing on that vision while optimizing efficiency. Ensures that there is alignment among functional areas and key stakeholders for the project s delivery. Experience is required in an area such as process, analytical, or formulation development, process engineering, techincal support, operations, quality or a relevant technology-related eniviroment.
1. Establishes and manages projects under the PMO and ensures project delivery to plan. Lead complex projects from plan to delivery within agreed upon time/cost.
2. Works with the sponsors and project leads and defines clear boundaries of responsibilities and accountabilities to achieve a successful project outcome
3. Establishes networks for team communications to instill collaboration among team members
4. Leads the team to develop project schedules, establish clear priorities and establish and monitor metrics to gauge team progress, performance, and results
5. Manages the activities and deliverables across the functions to achieve the objectives of the program on time, within the program constraints
6. Ensures that the project team follows the established business processes including stage gates, best practices and tools
7. Organizes project resources and ensures that they are managed efficiently
8. Communications effectively with governance bodies and functional area heads as needed
9. Ensures that the project team members have the information required to do their jobs
10. Identifies and removes obstacles to the team s progress and resolves conflicting goals and escalates issues that cannot be resolved at the team level
Education Minimum Requirement:
- MS Biology, Microbiology, Pharmacy, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering (or equivalent) required.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Black Belt certified project manager preferred.
- Must have strong development/commercialization manufacturing experience, knowledge Quality Assurance and Quality Control activities.
- Must have strong demonstrated communication skills.
- Must have demonstrated leading cross-functional teams, relationship building, negotiation, and persuasion skills.
- Some level of contractual and financial awareness is required.
Our employees are the key to our company s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Qual Assurce - 3rd Party Manuf
Job Title:Assoc. Dir, External Quality
Primary Location: NA-US-NJ-Whitehouse Station West
Other Locations: NA-US-PA-West Point
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: New Jersey
Job Segment: Microbiology, Manager, Engineer, Pharmacy, Scientific, Science, Management, Engineering, Healthcare
Find a Job Find Candidates