Associate Director Engineering, Maintenance & Utilities Job - United States
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
As a member of the Engineering, Maintenance, & Utility department, the Associate Director is accountable for the management of maintenance programs, projects, and initiatives. The role serves as the primary interface with manufacturing leaders, represents Engineer, Maintenance & Utilities interest, and through influence ensure projects and initiatives delivers key site outcomes. The position is responsible for improving asset reliability and manufacturing capacity by providing business process improvements to drive the efficiency and effectiveness. The scope includes technical support and work execution in the field on engineering resolution of manufacturing mechanical or automation problems, processes in compliance with GMP, safety, and environmental regulations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent technical field
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in one or more functional areas, such as Operations, Quality, Technical Operations, Technology, Engineering, Maintenance, and/or Supply Chain.
- Project management skills/experience
- Subject matter expertise in Computerized Maintenance Management Systems ( e.g. Maximo, SAP, Pro Cal)
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Demonstrated knowledge of High Performing Organization tools and methodology, including MPS/lean/ change execution management
- Demonstrated ability to create and lead an engaged workforce
- Demonstrated experience of interacting with site, divisional or regulatory audits
- CMRP or equivalent certification desired
- Demonstrated success with Talent Management
- Working Knowledge of cGMP for pharmaceutical and/or vaccine manufacturing, Lean Six Sigma Methodology, Root Cause Analysis, Failure Mode Effects Analysis, knowledge in reliability engineering (including asset life cycle management)
- Two (2) years’ experience in relevant manufacturing or processing industry (aseptic/sterile, bulk, solid oral dosage, packaging, etc.)
- Two (2) years of line experience, with responsibility for direct reports
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job Title:Assoc. Dir, Engineering
Primary Location: NA-US-PA-West Point
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Hazardous Materials: The responsibilities of this position require the employee to enter core sterile manufacturing areas.
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Maintenance, Manager, ERP, Engineer, Utility, Manufacturing, Management, Technology, Engineering, Energy