Associate Director, Engineering - Global Engineering Solutions Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its 125-year legacy. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe
Reporting to a Technology Director in Global Engineering Solutions, the candidate is responsible for implementation of projects and studies that support business objectives. Leads project implementation activities ranging from early pre-charter activities through closeout utilizing the Capital Management stage gate process with varying degrees of responsibility. Collaborates with other Integrated Project Team members, plant operations personnel, outside contractors and is able to direct the work of suppliers in preparation of project related deliverables. Leads studies, applies Capital Management Process (CMP), Lean methods, and provides consulting to ongoing projects and existing business operations. Exhibits leadership, interpersonal and communication skills, is expected to develop and maintain technical knowledge in their respective area(s) of expertise and provides guidance to assigned engineers. Successful performance requires advance technical knowledge in own field, knowledge in a variety of other areas including new products, processes, systems and facilities, and imaginative and innovative approaches to new and diverse problems.
- Responsible for development of project scope, front-end planning, evaluation of alternative solutions and preliminary designs for manufacturing facilities
- Provides technical guidance during project implementation, assures viability of technology in proposed configuration, adherence to company standards and practices
- Preliminary designs, including P&ID development and HAZOP facilitation
- Leads or supports commissioning and qualification activities
- Participate in the development and review of engineering guidelines, standards, safety/environmental policies, and change requests
- Education: Bachelor of Science degree (or higher) in Engineering or applicable Science
- Minimum 7 years Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry in engineering and/or manufacturing in vaccines or biologics
- Advanced understanding of hygienic, CIP, SIP design and unit operations specific to biologic manufacturing and/or aseptic processing
- Creative, innovative, thinks outside of the box, self-motivated, applies problem-solving skills, and solid base in engineering fundamentals and equipment troubleshooting
- Demonstrated leadership and teamwork skills. Ability to get results in a cross functional environment and has ability to effectively collaborate with and influence partners.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Project/Time Management skills which deliver on time and quality work
- Ability to travel, both domestic and international. Assignments may require short-term travel assignments.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Chemical Engineering
Job Title:Assoc. Dir, Engineering
Primary Location: NA-US-PA-West Point
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): N/A
Hazardous Materials: The responsibilities of this position require the employee to enter core sterile manufacturing areas.
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Biotech, Medical, Manager, Engineer, Pharmaceutical, Science, Healthcare, Management, Engineering