Associate Director, Engineering Center of Excellence - Ireland
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
- As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Purpose of Role:
- The Associate Director of Engineering will be responsible for a diverse team of engineering professionals.
- The role has overall responsibility for the site’s Electrical, Energy Management, Reliability, Process Safety Engineering and emergency response and security systems to ensure safe, compliant and reliable operation of site manufacturing operations.
- The Engineering team will function as a HPO and act as a Centre of Expertise for Engineering excellence.
- This is a strategic leadership role.
Activities Within Role:
The Associate Director will work closely with cross-functional onsite teams including Operations, Facility Management, I.T, Strategic Partners and Engineering projects and will ensure a strong partnership with above site functions such as Global Engineering, Reliability, Energy, EHS, and Technical operations. Thereby ensuring that the site has best in class infrastructure and systems to manufacture and supply of Quality pharmaceutical products in meeting the company Manufacturing Division priorities of Compliance, Supply, Strategy and Profit Plan.
- Responsible for Engineering Center of Excellence, including performance management, prioritization of resource assignments, recruitment, mentoring and supervision.
- Champion effective employee relations and communication within the department, while demonstrating a flexible management style.
- Promote a positive employee environment by open communication, engagement and development of team members.
- Select and develop a talented and competent team of Engineering Professionals.
- Coach and mentor team members and others outside of the designated team.
- Develop SMEs (subject matter experts) as necessary to both foster initiatives in strategic areas.
- Agree and drive engineering excellence by setting clear direction and expectations for performance.
- Take appropriate and timely corrective action if adverse trends begin to emerge.
- Prioritizes and drives execution of multiple complex departmental projects.
- Provide leadership and direction to team on process improvements, address obstacles, provide resources and interact with other areas of the organsiation to assist the team in overcoming problems and streamlining the work process as part of a structured continuous improvement program.
- Development of a world class-manufacturing group that is proficient in process improvement and problem solving.
- Collaborate with the Capital Projects Team to ensure that all new projects are introduced into production in compliance of site EHS and Engineering standards and are operationally successful.
- Development of, and management of spend against departmental budgets.
- Lead and/or represents the function in periodic business metric reviews.
- Initiates cross-functional/site partnerships to identify and resolve engineering issues.
- Actively interfaces all other company sites, 3rd part Vendors / Suppliers in pursuit of achieving business targets.
- Observing the Quality and EHS Management Systems requirements on site at all times.
- Keeps oneself well-informed of all relevant technological advancements that could offer Brinny competitive advantage.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Continuous Improvements:
- Use Lean principles to deliver a cost efficient operating model for commercial production while not compromising EHS and Quality standards.
Coaching and Training:
- Coaching others by sharing your skill-set and expertise.
- Identifying talent and coaching and nurturing them to develop and perform at their maximum potential.
Site Engineering Lead.
At least 7 years’ experience in the Pharmaceutical industry or a similar operating environment which includes significant leadership roles and demonstrated capability at managing large diverse teams.
- Degree or 3rd Level Qualification (Engineering), Masters preferred.
- Desirable to have qualification in Reliability Engineering and/or Project Management.
- Process Safery Certification an advantage
- Strong Compliance Mindset, demonstrated capability of understanding EHS & GMP compliance requirements (particularly from an Engineering perspective), demonstrated capability within the Audit environment (specifically EHS & GMP)
- Very Strong Leadership Skills
- Technical knowledge
- Ability to respond to competing priorities
- Communications skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to prepare budgets and tightly control expenditures
- Relevant experience in pharmaceutical production management.
- Very strong knowledge of industrial safety standards.
- Beneficial to have previous operational knowledge within Drug Product, Drug Substance or Utilities.
- Demonstrated knowledge in more than one pharmaceutical and/or chemical manufacturing operation (e.g. Engineering, Manufacturing or Quality etc.)
- Knowledge and experience in applying Six Sigma and Lean Methodologies.
- Demonstrated leadership and change management skills with a continuous improvement focus.
- Proven experience in reducing energy consumption through innovative technology and lean thinking.
- Demonstrated understanding of Project life Cycle , from design through to commissioning/qualification & retirement
- Strong talent developer, proven capability of fostering engineering/technical talent
- Beneficial to have strong networks within Engineering/Technical community
- Customer Focus – proven ability to delight customers & end users.
- Our employees are the key to our company’s success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program.
- Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Job Segment: Manager, Pharmaceutical, Engineer, Electrical, Lean Six Sigma, Management, Science, Engineering