Associate Director EHS - Netherlands
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
The Global Safety and Environment department provides safety and environmental support for all the company operations in order to drive towards world class EHS (environment, Health & Safety) performance. The department covers all the essential EHS expertise.
This position will be responsible for leading and driving implementation of the environmental programs, ensuring compliance with both regulatory and company requirements and providing environmental technical support for engineering projects and operations.
Responsibilities may include:
- Ensuring compliance with company environmental licenses and permits,
- Assuring completion of all regulatory submissions, notifications, etc. required to maintain compliance with European, Netherlands and local EHS requirements, including company standards;
- Monitoring and influencing local regulatory climate, negotiating and advocating with EHS agencies and external stakeholders;
- Developing guidance to site operations on impact of new regulations and how to meet new requirements;
- Preparing environmental applications, including environmental reporting (Wabo, Waterwet, MJA, etc);
- Obtaining and maintaining ISO14001 certification
- Investigating and reporting Environmental Incidents, including developing appropriate corrective and preventative actions;
- Acting with considerable independence, direct professional staff activities to ensure site-wide environmental compliance and performance and drive personal ownership and accountability for all employees;
- Coaching site operations leaders to be visible EHS advocates in their areas of responsibility;
- Strong leaderership in setting direction and expectations for environmental requirements to capital project teams
- Completing internal audits and self-assessments to monitor program effectiveness and developing corrective/preventative actions to ensure continuous program improvements.
- Reporting environmental performance data on a quarterly basis in company and yearly to local authorities
- Advising site management on the safe and environmentally sound operation of all processes, plant and equipment
- Communicating clearly and consistently complex technical and regulatory information to both senior level site leaders and shop floor colleagues.
- Potential to provide environmental support to other company sites in the Netherlands
- Potential for business travel (<10%).
- Bachelor's/ Master’s Degree in Environmental Sciences or related technical discipline (e.g Chemistry, Chemical Engineering);
- At least five years of experience with complex environmental licenses (e.g., IPPC, IED licenses), risk calculations, environmental engineering and implementation;
- Experience in the chemical or pharmaceutical industry;
- Strong project management skills;
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills, ability to work transparently and with a sense of urgency across various businesses and functions;
- Result oriented, timely deliver on objectives within budgetary limits;
- Compliance driven;
- Team player and customer focused;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in Dutch and English.
- Our company is working to help the world be well.
- Through our medicines, vaccines, biologic therapies and animal health products, we work in more than 140 countries to deliver innovative health solutions to patients and animals.
- We also demonstrate our commitment to increasing access to health care through far-reaching programs that donate and deliver our products to the people who need them.
- Our company has a workforce of almost 4500 in the Netherlands at three main sites.
- Our company Animal Health develops and produces vaccines and pharmaceutical specialties for livestock, companion animals and fish.
- We have offices in more than 50 countries, sell our products in over 140 markets and operate in a network of manufacturing sites and research and development facilities around the world.
- We are always seeking innovative talents that focus on constant improvement of our products and the way we work.
- We’re looking for new colleagues who are entrepreneurs and result driven.
- But not only results matter; how you achieve these results is crucial to be successful within company Animal Health as well.
- Our company Animal Health leads the way in veterinary pharmaceuticals.
- Our employees are the key to our company’s success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program.
- Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
A good place to work
- Our company is an attractive employer offering interesting opportunities in Research & Development, production and staff departments for an enormous range of disciplines such as biologists, chemists, process engineers, technicians, mechatronic engineers, pharmacists and operators.
- Our company always seeks ‘best-in-class’ employees at all levels.
- We expect a lot from our people and company has a lot to offer them as well.
- Team spirit, entrepreneurship, integrity, leadership and cross-border communication skills are what company values and rewards most.
- If you enjoy being challenged, over and over again, our company will be a good place for you to work.
- We have an excellent fringe benefit program, and we invest heavily in the development of our people.
- Our company gives you plenty of opportunities for individual initiative and responsibility.
Job Segment: Manager, Environmental Health & Safety, Engineer, Law, Management, Healthcare, Engineering, Legal, Research