Associate Director EHS Job - Netherlands
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Reporting to the Director ,the Associate Director EHS is responsible for the environmental compliance strategy of our company.
- This position will be responsible for leading and driving implementation of the environmental programs, ensuring compliance with both regulatory and company requirements and providing environmental technical support for engineering projects and operations.
- The position will have 1 direct report and will collaborate with all site EHS professionals to contribute to compliant and cost effective environmental & risk management programs.
Responsibilities may include:
- Ensuring compliance with company environmental licenses and permits,
- Assuring completion of all regulatory submissions, notifications, etc. required to maintain compliance with European, Netherlands and local EHS requirements, including company standards;
- Monitoring and influencing local regulatory climate, negotiating and advocating with EHS agencies and external stakeholders.
- Developing guidance to site operations on impact of new regulations and how to meet new requirements;
- Preparing environmental applications, including environmental reporting (Wabo, Waterwet, MJA, etc);
- Obtaining and maintaining ISO14001 certification
- Investigating and reporting Environmental Incidents, including developing appropriate corrective and preventative actions;
- Acting with considerable independence, direct professional staff activities to ensure site-wide environmental compliance and performance and drive personal ownership and accountability for all employees;
- Coaching site operations leaders to be visible EHS advocates in their areas of responsibility;
- Strong leaderership in setting direction and expectations for environmental requirements to capital project teams
- Completing internal audits and self-assessments to monitor program effectiveness and developing corrective/preventative actions to ensure continuous program improvements.
- Reporting environmental performance data on a quarterly basis in our company and yearly to local authorities
- Advising site management on the safe and environmentally sound operation of all processes, plant and equipment
- Communicating clearly and consistently complex technical and regulatory information to both senior level site leaders and shop floor colleagues.
- Potential to provide environmental support to other company sites in the Netherlands
- Potential for business travel (<10%).
- Bachelor's/ Master’s Degree in Environmental Sciences or related technical discipline (e.g Chemistry, Chemical Engineering);
- At least five years of experience with complex environmental licenses (e.g., IPPC, IED licenses), risk calculations, environmental engineering and implementation;
- Experience in the chemical or pharmaceutical industry;
- Strong project management skills;
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills, ability to work transparently and with a sense of urgency across various businesses and functions;
- Result oriented, timely deliver on objectives within budgetary limits;
- Compliance driven;
- Team player and customer focused;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in Dutch and English.
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
- As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
A good place to work
- Our employees are the key to our company’s success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program.
- Our company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.