Associate Director, Customer Experience and Market Insights - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
|External Posting Title||Associate Director, Customer Experience and Market Insights|
|Job Description||The Associate Director provides strategic insight support for Biogen’s Customer Excellence & Operations function. This matrixed role reports into the head of Global Customer & Market Insights, and will play a key role in developing new commercial capabilities within Biogen.|
The Associate Director, Customer Experience & Market Insights is expected to lead insight efforts supporting company-wide efforts to improve the overall experience of our customers. The role is expected to lead efforts to develop new methods, tools and process to measure and assesses the current customer experience, and work with key internal customers to develop actionable plans and recommendations for improving the customer experience. This role will require a unique individual who can help create a customer-centric vision, roll up their sleeves and deliver critical customer insights, and influence decisions across all levels of the organization. This role will require a blend of customer experience, consulting, and insight-related skills.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Championing customer-centricity throughout the organization
• Build new tools, processes and methods to assess and measure the current experience across all stakeholders, and facilitate decision-making related to customer experience programs across Biogen.
• Lead the execution of strategic market research programs
• Oversee the integration of new insight capabilities like digital, social, and big data
• Help us innovate the insight function by developing, piloting and training on new and novel insight methodologies to better understand the needs of customer segments: customer journey mapping, digital and social insights, ethnography, internal crowdsourcing
• Collaborate with Global and Regional marketing and commercial teams to enable customer-centric decision making
• Help to stand up Centers of Excellence within the function by developing standard tools and processes related to market research, competitive intelligence, data and analytics, knowledge management, and cutting edge insight generation techniques.
|Location||Cambridge, MA, US|
|Job Category||Global Commercial Strategy|
• 5-7 years of experience across a mix of Customer Experience-related, management consulting, and market research/insight related roles.
• Highly collaborative - must be able to navigate and manage the needs of multiple stakeholders and take guidance and direction from Customer & Market Insight team/peers
• Strong consultative skills and ability to manage senior level stakeholder needs and expectations
• Strong analytic and quantitative skill set.
• Strong communication skills, particularly presentation skills.
• Strong understanding of marketing and market research principles.
• Excellent strategic thinking capabilities and equally excellent tactical execution skills.
• Driven, highly self-motivated, confident, high-energy, bright and creative individual with desire and ability to own a high profile part of the business.
• Exceptional team player, with the ability to develop and apply individual market research expertise in service of Brand Aligned Insight team objectives.
• Experience managing direct reports is preferred, as this individual will be expected to grow a team over time
• Travel is expected in this role, up to 25%
• M.S. in business, the life sciences, pharmacy, or chemistry (advanced biology, medicine-related degree preferred).
• MBA from a well-respected institution desired
|About Biogen||Corporate Overview|
Through cutting-edge science and medicine, Biogen discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases. Biogen is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). Biogen also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics. Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
We aspire to have the greatest impact on patients and science of any biotechnology company in the history of our industry. To us, that means creating novel medicines that benefit individuals and society, and bringing new scientific understanding to diseases for which there are no adequate treatments.
The same intellectual discipline and passion that drives our science is reflected in our corporate citizenship, environmental sustainability, and commitment to diversity and inclusion. As a company, we are focused on improving science education and limiting the impact of our company on the environment. In 2015, we became a carbon neutral company and ranked first place on Newsweek’s 2015 Green Rankings, and we are an industry leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Biogen was named to Science’s list of Top Employers of 2015 and in 2017 received a perfect score of 100 for the fourth consecutive year on the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equality Index, which also named Biogen as one of its Best Places to Work.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Biogen employee will come from "@biogen.com" email accounts.
Nearest Major Market: Cambridge
Nearest Secondary Market: Boston
Job Segment: Biotech, Manager, Consulting, Management Consulting, Market Research, Science, Management, Technology, Marketing