Associate Director, Corporate Medical Affairs Immunology/Inflammation, EMEA - Switzerland
- PharmD, PhD, RN or MD with 6+ years of experience in medical information/communications in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience in inflammation/immunology as well as leadership across a matrix environment preferred.
- This position is primarily responsible for supporting the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) Medical Information (MI) needs and to uphold functional requirements.
- This position is also responsible for ensuring that the Immunology/Inflammation (I&I) focused colleagues within the EMEA region are aligned with Global MI and Corporate Medical Affairs (CMA) in terms of information provided, working practices, and quality standards.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Works in close collaboration with the respective colleagues responsible for MI in the Country/Affiliate Organisations on the need for and the type of specific information required, and the working standards for company MI.
- Coordinates with MI colleagues to ensure that worldwide aligned MI processes exist to drive best practices and ensure consistency of data dissemination.
- Works with the Global MI (GMI) team to develop and maintain a database of global and regional response documents summarizing the available scientific and medical literature related to company’s products; identifies the need for and creates region specific response documents. Researches and prepares customized responses to MI inquiries escalated from local MI colleagues.
- Utilizes the internet and electronic databases to search for published literature on ompany's products. Reviews, evaluates and summarizes the information identified, aligned with the information provided by the Global MI team, into a customer response (i.e. written document, verbal response, slide deck).
- Collaborates with other departments to ensure coordinated and efficient handling of inquiries (e.g. Customer Service, Clinical Operations, Drug Safety, Global Scientific Communications (GSC), Medical Science Liaisons).
- Directs and conducts the continual review of MI inquiries received in order to realize actionable customer insights and proactively communicates insights to business partners. Ensures customer insights are utilized to inform global/regional content deliverables (MI response documents, slide decks, etc.) and overall medical communications strategy.
- Collaborates with Medical Affairs (MA), GMI and GSC to identify opportunities for innovative, multichannel delivery of MI, in alignment with disease area strategic imperatives. Identifies the need for and partners on the development, review, approval, and storage of regional MA slide decks.
- Proactively fosters relationships with key internal business partners to ensure awareness of issues that may potentially affect the team.
- Conducts medical review, as needed, to ensure medical accuracy and scientific balance of materials produced by internal business partners (e.g. commercial, medical affairs, etc).
- Provides leadership in the utilization, training and maintenance of the global MI database; acts as a resources for other CMA databases and/or IT platforms.
- Participates in training of new and existing MI colleagues.
- Represents MI at interdisciplinary meetings and related initiatives to provide therapy area information on the company’s products.
- Independently prepares for and attends medical conferences to provide complete, accurate and timely medical information to healthcare professionals at the conference booth. Serves as conference lead to coordinate regional MI/CMA activities including the creation and review of medical congress booth deliverables.
- Assumes the lead on key projects for the MI Department (GMI or EMEA) and coordinates with interdisciplinary partners as required in order to achieve organizational goals. Drives initiatives aimed at continuous improvement in MI processes and responses.
- Provides support to CMA capabilities to ensure established processes and best practices are practiced broadly.
- As directed by I&I GSC Leadership, serves as a regional point liaison for GSC strategic alignment and tactical execution, including documentation of good publication practices and adherence to all applicable regulations.
- Acts as a conduit between CMA and regional MA colleagues on the need for and types of internal medical communications and resources as well as the development and maintenance of internal communications platforms (i.e. Medical Affairs Portal).
- Conducts business in accordance with company Values. Completes all assigned SOPs and training within designated timeframe and adheres to job-specific SOPs and work instructions.
- Identifies, obtains pertinent data, and accurately processes any reported adverse events (AEs) and product quality complaints (PQCs) to Drug Safety and Quality Assurance Complaint department, respectively, in accordance with policy and procedures.
- Performs other responsibilities as requested by management.
- PharmD, PhD, MD or RN
- 6+ years pharmaceutical industry experience (or equivalent)
- Extensive experience in medical information and medical communication
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills
- Solutions oriented
- Proficient to fluent in English language
- Flexible, with positive attitude, strong ability to multi task, prioritize projects effectively and communicate at all levels within the company
- Strong PC experience and Microsoft Word Excel, and PowerPoint skills required
- Familiarity with electronic referencing databases preferred
- Moderate travel required to represent company at medical conferences, presentations, and other meetings