Associate Director, Communications Strategy Lead Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Associate Director, Communications Strategy Lead reports in to the Executive Director, Strategic Sourcing and Enterprise Services (SSES). The Communications Lead develops and implements the integrated communications strategy across the global SSES organization, including internal and external communication programs related to Meetings, Travel, Payments, Congresses and Creative Services.
The Communications Lead is responsible for the development of the overall communications strategy and plan, as well as messaging, content, cadence, and delivery using multiple media platforms, such as print, interactive, video and email. This role also has responsibility for measuring the effectiveness of the communications strategy and implementing programs to enhance understanding and awareness of the SSES portfolio of services and value delivery encompassing Meetings, Travel, Payments, Congresses and Creative Services.
This role provides clarity via communications to colleagues in a matrix organization and often works in conjunction with internal and external stakeholders. Assisting the organization to understand and drive change is an important aspect of the role.
The Communications Lead ensures that all SSES communications and messaging are aligned with the company and organization’s mission, vision and objectives and that deliverables are completed on time and within budget.
- Works closely with Global Procurement & Operations Team Members (and external Supplier Partners as appropriate) across the SSES Meetings, Travel, Payments, Congress and Creative Services areas to develop and execute an integrated strategic communication plan.
- Leads the overall development of the communication plan with an objective of ensuring enterprise-wide awareness of the Meetings, Travel, Payments, Congress and Creative Services Programs (including current/new program offerings, policy and process requirements) as well as a focus on communicating value drivers, innovation and continuous improvement opportunities.
- Understands the marketplace and positioning across segments and solutions to ensure that group business goals are consistent and differentiated when appropriate.
- Acts as the global point of contact for Program communication planning, cadence of communication releases and ensuring adherence to corporate wide communication processes and guidance.
- Leads the SSES global Change Agent Network, to support transformational initiatives across the team (and the broader matrixed organization relating to Meetings ,Travel, Payments, Congress and Creative Services Programs).
- Interacts with SSES Leadership Team and extended team to support the strategic positioning of the department and articulating the group’s value proposition.
- Embraces process-driven disciplines and facilitate the dissemination among clients and peer groups of shared services best practice.
- Required: Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent relevant experience)
- Preferred: Master’s degree
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with diverse groups of peers and strong business partners.
- Minimum of five (5) years operations, communications and/or change management experience in meetings or travel management
- Have an understanding of the inner workings of the broader Strategic Sourcing & Enterprise Services (SSES) organization and provide solutions that are rooted in internal client service to drive efficiency and leverage company assets.
- Previous experience in managing cross-functional projects.
- Strategic Thinker: Ability to identify strategic needs with little direction, resource key projects and translate strategies into actions.
- Organizational Agility: Ability to work effectively in dynamic, rapidly changing, team-based environment.
- Influencer: Team player with proven ability to foster and manage working relationships in a matrix environment. Appreciation for other perspectives, coupled with the ability to successfully gain the support and buy-in from all levels of the company.
- Critical Thinker: Able to integrate company goals and objectives into department goals and activities/communications. Can work with a blank-sheet of paper.
- Detail Oriented: Excellent ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously with strong organizational and prioritization skills, addressing critical daily issues as well as keeping focus on strategic priorities.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Goal oriented and personally accountable; resourceful and self-directed.
- Strong international exposure, particularly with MSD offices/personnel globally and possess outstanding communication skills.
- Have a solid knowledge of most meeting types, be familiar with congresses/conventions, travel, and payments and be up to date on internal procedures, guidelines and policies within MSD, in order to support development of an integrated communications plan.
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certified.
- Change Execution Management (CEM) certification.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Shared Services
Job Title:Assoc. Dir, Shared Svcs Proj Mgmt
Primary Location: NA-US-NJ-Kenilworth
Other Locations: NA-US-PA-West Point
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Hazardous Materials: No
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark
Job Segment: Communications, Procurement, Manager, Animal Health, Marketing, Strategy, Operations, Management, Veterinary