This job is currently Archived,
Associate Director, Commercial Legal Counsel - United Kingdom
Posted on : 15 April 2017
Under the (Senior) Director’s direction you will provide legal & strategic support to EMEA operations covering a broad spectrum of legal support to Commercial, Operational and Shared Service support functions in the region.
This position is responsible for managing a broad range of stakeholders at EMEA and global level with a significant impact on business decisions and outcomes across the EMEA region and balancing commercial opportunities with associated legal and compliance risks in a complex and fast evolving commercial and regulatory environment (including emerging markets).
- Provide legal support to affiliates and or specific markets within a multi-country affiliate including
- Assisting and advising senior management on legal and compliance risks
- Crisis management
- Prevention and resolving of disputes, managing of commercial litigation
- Providing all necessary contractual support
- Product launches and life-cycle management support
- Pricing & market access incl. health technology assessments
- Supply chain and tender management support
- Setting up of new entities
- Provide legal support to the Alliance Management function in respect of in-licensed products advising on all legal and strategic aspects of a specific alliance and managing any disputes with the alliance partner
- As a business partner, be responsible for independent legal support to business support functions including EU Technology Division, EMEA Procurement and Marketing as requested
- Independently drafts, reviews and negotiates a broad range of commercial agreements, including M&A, collaboration & license, manufacturing, supply and distribution arrangements
- Establish rapport and a positive working relationship with senior management for relevant functions in EMEA
- Reviews, analyses and keeps current on legal developments affecting the pharmaceutical industry in EMEA and advises clients accordingly
- Leads and supports strategic projects as required (EMEA and Global)
- Works closely with Ethics & Compliance team and legal colleagues in US and Japan
- Identifies training needs within client groups and assists in the development and presentation of training on relevant laws and legal/risk/compliance issues
- Manages outside counsel effectively and efficiently; works creatively with outside counsel to minimize fees and costs
- Performs job duties with minimal direction
- Qualified lawyer with extensive post qualified experience
- Proven track record in handling general commercial matters within a pharmaceutical company
- Experience in drafting and negotiating complex agreements including licensing & collaboration, distribution, manufacturing, supply
- Pharma sector experience with strong customer focus; in multi-disciplinary, matrix and cross-cultural settings.
- Track-record of leading planning process with excellent organisational and collaboration skills
- Knowledge and understanding of typical business, legal and compliance issues within pharma and life science industry
- Coaching and collaboration skills to interact with all levels of personnel to achieve shared goals.
- Demonstrable examples of ability to develop, coach and enable high performance teams and proactively promote best practice and knowledge sharing.
- Proven ability to influence, (appropriately) challenge and engage diverse senior stakeholders.
- Fluent in written and verbal business English