This job is currently Archived,
Associate Director, Business Strategy - United States
Posted on : 04 June 2017
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness;
- this is the space where our company has codified its 125-year legacy.
- Our company ’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
- Our company’s Animal Health (MAH) division works to improve the health of animals around the world through collaborative partnerships and a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society, and our planet.
- This team of energetic, independent thinkers offers one of the industry’s most innovative portfolios of products, services, and technologies that serve to prevent, treat, and control diseases across all major farm and companion animal species both domestically and internationally.
- The Associate Director, Market Intelligence and Business Strategy (MIBS), will play a pivotal role in further developing the global Strategy function within the company Animal Health.
- By leading the strategy assessment and planning process for the global enterprise, implementing the company’s strategic planning process, and providing leadership and oversight for strategic initiatives, the AD will help drive decision-making that creates medium and long-term value for organization.
Key responsibilities include and are not limited to the following:
- Enable the annual company Animal Health enterprise strategy assessment process to define the organization’s business strategies and plans, and translate into concrete initiatives for execution
- Plan and implement strategic projects and engagements within the company’s core business as well as adjacent domains and develop business cases to support these initiatives
- Drive a culture of strategic thinking by building and adapting strategy processes to set best-practices for the organization
- Lead the integration and alignment of strategy processes into business and financial planning workflows
- Perform rigorous and accurate analysis and prioritize through hypothesis-based problem solving
- Translate analysis output into practical and implementable recommendations
- Support business development/M&A actions
- Support ongoing competitive intelligence
Education Minimum Requirement:
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of 10 years working experience with at least 3 years in a Strategy function or Business Consulting role
- Experience leading strategic assessment or development projects that have included members of a senior leadership team
- Direct experience with corporate strategy, finance or operations
- Demonstrated data modeling and presentation development skills
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
- Understanding of business trends and factors that impact pharma or animal health business in order to define and translate strategy
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects with demanding deadlines in a team environment
- Attention to detail will be critical
- Persuasive written and visual communication skills
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Previous experience in Healthcare or Pharmaceutical industry is preferred
- Completion of other relevant training/education/accreditations is preferred
- Our employees are the key to our company’s success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
- Our company is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Job Segment: Medical, Animal Health, Manager, Pharmaceutical, Healthcare, Veterinary, Management, Science, Strategy