Associate Director, Business Development - United States
The Associate Director, Business Development will have responsibility for evaluating external growth opportunities for our company and, where appropriate, executing transactions to access the assets of interest. This individual will report to a Sr. Director, Business Development and will be a member of our company’s Business Development & External Innovation group.
- Consider broad corporate priorities and participate in strategy planning for financial investment trade-off decisions required for corporate growth.
- Participate in one or more cross functional committees responsible for the initial triaging of externally generated licensing and/or collaboration opportunities.
- Participate in negotiations in business transactions
- Work effectively with legal, finance and scientific teams and make business development proposals to senior management.
- Help Lead evaluations of all aspects of therapeutic drug programs from preclinical through clinical stages across the relevant assessment areas: proposed clinical benefit, mechanism, preclinical data, manufacturing, regulatory strategy, clinical development path, intellectual property and commercial potential.
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport with therapeutic and functional area leaders.
- Strong analytical skills required to provide sound inputs into financial evaluations.
- Ability to identify and prioritize risks across functional areas, weigh those appropriately with benefits of investment, and effectively frame business decisions for senior management.
- Strong communication and leadership skills necessary to effectively lead diligence teams and navigate the company corporate structure, i.e., possessing organizational savvy.
- Ability to “think on your feet” both during negotiations with third parties and during internal discussions of risks and strategy.
- Strong presentation skills.
- 5+ years in Biotechnology/pharmaceutical required.
MBA, legal or other graduate degree strongly required.
- Through cutting-edge science and medicine, our company discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases.
- Our company is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
- Our company also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics.
- Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
- Our company was founded in 1978 and today serves patients in nearly 70 countries.
- We aspire to have the greatest impact on patients and science of any biotechnology company in the history of our industry.
- To us, that means creating novel medicines that benefit individuals and society, and bringing new scientific understanding to diseases for which there are no adequate treatments.
- For nearly two decades our company has led in the research and development of new therapies to treat MS, including the most prescribed oral treatment in the world.
- Now our research is driving revolutionary new MS treatments with the goal of reversing or even repairing damage caused by the disease.
- We are now applying our neurological expertise to solve some of most challenging and complex diseases of the brain, including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and ALS.
- As we uncover new insights into human biology, our company is employing cutting-edge technologies to discover potential treatments for rare and genetic disorders.
- Our company is revolutionizing biologic manufacturing, developing the industry’s most advanced plants and processes.
- This expertise is used to produce both original innovative therapies and bio similar that expand patient access to lower-cost medicines.
Our Corporate Citizenship
- The same intellectual discipline and passion that drives our science is reflected in our corporate citizenship, environmental sustainability, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- As a company, we are focused on improving science education and limiting the impact of our company on the environment.
Job Segment: Business Development, Biotech, Manager, Pharmaceutical, Sales, Science, Management