Associate Director, Benefits Operations Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Associate Director, Benefits Operations is responsible for managing multiple and diverse vendors to administer Merck designed US benefit plans including medical, dental, disability, life insurance, and more.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring vendors adhere to the plan terms accurately and timely, and ensure claims are paid per the plan.
- Developing and monitoring service levels and performance for each vendor to meet contract terms.
- Developing and maintaining effective relationship management with the vendors including interacting with senior executives within vendors in the healthcare market, where the vendor is also a customer of Merck.
- Influencing service offerings and performance of vendors to maximize the employee experience and cost effectiveness through ongoing review meetings and by participating in Client Advisor Groups.
- Ensure all vendors are administering our benefit plans commensurate with healthcare regulatory and legislative (ERISA) requirements. Initiate and lead periodic operational and claims audits.
- Collaborating with key internal stakeholders including COE, Org Readiness, Legal, Treasury, Tax, Privacy, and Procurement.
- Subject matter knowledge of healthcare vendor landscape to effectively benchmark and lead the vendor selection process including development of request for proposal and identification of best in class vendors. Partner closely with Benefit plan lead.
- Define and implement an escalation and change management process between Merck and the vendor;
- Develop and implement a Governance Issue Management & Dispute Resolution process for each vendor;
- In partnership with Procurement, develop and influence effective contract terms and management of these terms over the course of the contract.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 10 years of Healthcare Benefits, Vendor Management or related experience
- Communication and influencing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills including relationship building & maintaining.
- Strong attention to detail and follow up; strong analytical skills together with developed business acumen.
- Demonstrated ability to work in teams and collaborate / partner with others from across the business
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to drive results and execute in a complex environment.
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization.
- Project management experience
- Prior experience with service delivery and managing suppliers in a complex environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of issue escalation and process improvement techniques/methods.
- Experience or knowledge of the area of US Benefits
- Proven knowledge and understanding of the HR Operations/Service Delivery model.
- Problem solving and root cause analytic skills.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job Title:Assoc. Dir, Benefits
Primary Location: NA-US-NJ-Kenilworth
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark
Job Segment: HR, Operations Manager, Manager, Medical, Human Resources, Operations, Management, Healthcare