Associate Director; Analytical Science Subject Matter Expert Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Analytical Science Subject Matter Expert is responsible to provide oversight, tracking and management of analytical issues across a portfolio of vaccine products. The position resides within a Technical Operations Center of Excellence and supports vaccine manufacturing operations within the Merck Manufacturing Division. The Analytical Science Subject Matter Expert works closely with traditional analytical methods development groups, laboratories and Quality Control (QC) groups, but does not have direct responsibility for development or QC work. The incumbent serves as the interface between these analytical organizations and the Technical Operations organization.
The incumbent will serve as the advisor to the Technical Operations organization on analytical matters and will ensure that analytical work being done by the analytical organizations is aligned and coordinated into a holistic cross-functional plan. As such, the incumbent must be knowledgeable on a wide range of analytical methods and be knowledgeable about methods development, tech transfer and qualification.
The incumbent will be responsible to:
- Stay abreast of scientific and regulatory trends in area of vaccines analytical methods and QC testing
- Provide technical/scientific guidance and oversight to project teams that are doing analytical changes, improvements or technology transfers to ensure scientific rigor and sound execution
- Provide technical/scientific guidance to analytical investigations
- Oversee a large portfolio of analytical projects and investigations to ensure that the work plans are sounds, execute to schedule, and to communicate updates (including technical assessment) to the Technical Operations project teams
- Establish company “best practices” and standards where appropriate as relate to their area of expertise
- Develop recommendations and options for analytical improvements
- Required: Bachelor of Science or equivalent in a technical or scientific discipline such as Biology, Chemistry or Chemical Engineering.
- Preferred: MS or PhD is preferred.
- Experience with analytical testing (QC and/or characterization) of commercial biological products.
- For candidates holding a BS or equivalent, a minimum of 6 years in their subject area is required.
- For candidates holding a MS or PhD, a minimum of 3 years is required.
- Experienced in formal experimental design.
- Experience with analytical methods development, technology transfer and/or qualification.
- The successful candidate must demonstrate a solid understanding and respect for scientific method and scientific decision-making.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Quality Lab Related
Job Title:Assoc. Dir, Quality Control
Primary Location: NA-US-PA-West Point
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Hazardous Materials: No
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Chemistry, Analytics, Chemical Research, Manager, Engineer, Science, Management, Engineering