Associate Director, Americas Demand Planning - United States
- Our company is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives.
- Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health.
- We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge.
- With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
- The AD will lead and manage Demand Planning function that will deliver a global operational unit forecast by market and SKU that will be used for supply planning purposes.
- The Demand Planning function serves as a conduit between Global Supply Planning (GSCP) and the Commercial organization and its Finance and Business Planning (FBP) function beside the individual countries and markets.
- The AD Demand Planning will use the commercial forecast as a baseline to develop an operational forecast by incorporating business intelligence and demand forecast information gathered from historical sales to wholesalers, partners and any direct customer.
- The Demand Planning function will be responsible for collecting demand forecast associated with the products intended to be distributed in Americas, including commercial sales, Name Patient Program (NPP), charity and promotional programs if applicable, tender offers, collaborative trials, projected country launches, line extensions, Loss of Exclusivity etc.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Lead Regional Demand Planning Function by taking over the Demand Planning role for region while taking it to the next level
- Partner with Commercial Organization and Global Supply Planning to build the necessary knowledge, processes, and cross-functional collaboration to ensure a timely and accurate development and delivery of: oA rolling 27-month operational unit forecast for all regions, updated quarterly and monthly as necessary oAn Annual Long Range Plan in units, including new product introduction and new indication launches at the unit and market level oA detailed new product introduction schedule with 24-36 month horizon
- Partner with Alliance Management and Investigational Material Supply Chain (IMSC) teams to develop a detailed Collaborative trials forecast schedule by market and selected SKUs
- Each month, review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, develop and evaluate statistical operational forecast models and results
- Reconcile variances and refine the operational forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions
- Maintain current and historical forecast using Demand Planning software (Demantra/APCC)
- Collaborate with Supply Planners to develop inventory strategies for existing items, new products, and product phase-ins and phase-outs
- Lead Demand Forecast assessments for new product introductions while collaborating with markets and supply planning inventory strategies to fulfill demand
- Own the demand planning process for the region, propose improvements as necessary
- Own the quarterly demand review process for the region by providing the data and market specific knowledge
- Support the quarterly sales and operations process (S&OP /Business Review/and Executive S&OP Meetings) by conducting the necessary analysis and preparing the appropriate reports
- Collect and improve on performance metrics as directed
- Develop yourself, people and processes and expand use of technology
- Collaborate with other demand planner in other regions to build a cross regional excellence in processes
- A rolling 27-month operational unit forecast, updated quarterly for Americas region, clinical supplies and forecast for other clinical trials
- Own monthly demand planning meetings with markets and with supply planning for the Americas region
- Increase Forecast Accuracy
- Reduce forecast Volatility and Variability
- Improve long term visibility into Demand Signals
- Long Range Plan in units, including new product introduction and new indication launches at the unit and market level
- Forecast for New Products Introductions including inventory recommendations based on forecast uncertainties
- Develop and build relationships among Operations organization, Commercial organization, including Clinical supply chain, and Global and Local Logistics, which will lead to effective knowledge sharing and an optimal forecast to better guide the company
- Refine systems and methods to continuously improve forecasts so that the company can better anticipate customer needs
- Gain and build upon product knowledge towards markets and supply chain
Expanded Job Function Demand Planning:
- Create statistical operational unit forecasts - Gather, analyze, and validate data - Utilize statistical functionalities in planning tools - Review resulting statistical forecast with Markets to build consensus around Operational Forecast - Apply Statistical Forecasting methodology to Long-range plans
- Review sales plans, finance budget updates, or latest estimates and demand drivers - Present, solicit, and assess feedback on the various forecasts from sales and finance .Achieve consensus for operational demand forecasts by facilitating a collaborative planning process with sales and marketing - Prepare relevant material to facilitate research and discussion
- Provide input to volume planning ( latest estimates/annual process) - Facilitate and manage demand planning/customer meetings - Achieve consensus with the business unit and the demand chain
- Maintain demand planning system parameters and data - Enter and modify data and ensure the correctness of product hierarchy - Monitor trends in forecast error Collaborate with IT Organization to improve the planning system
- Prepare and maintain relevant reports pertaining to demand planning process
- Actively participate on the global S&OP process
Bachelor degree in business or science. 10+ years of Demand Planning and experience within the pharmaceutical industry in Operations, Marketing
Experience / Specific Job-related Skills
- Ten plus (10+) years of experience in the Pharmaceutical industry with focus on Supply Chain planning, preferably with progressing experience of 5+ years in Business and/or Demand Planning
- Hands-on S&OP experience from owning Supply and/or Demand Planning steps
- Marketing and/or Manufacturing experience required
- Proven track-record of successful completion of Lean projects and application of lean tools
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent collaboration skills with deep understanding of other functions such as Finance, Marketing and Product Development
- Advance expertise in Excel and Power Point; Visual Basics a plus
- Strong analytical, organizational, decision making, and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills are essential to effectively interact with all teams, areas and levels of business affecting the operational forecast process
- Extensive acumen in problem solving, managing priorities and a commitment to quality
- Must have managed large and small teams reporting directly or indirectly
- Self-starter, proactive and flexible
- High resistance to stress in a very fast-paced environment
- Ability to work at high level and detail level with tight dead-lines
- Master degree in Business with specialization in Finance or Supply Chain a plus
- Proficient in Demand Planning software, Oracle Demantra preferred, and reporting tools such as APCC, OBIEE
- Our company is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
- Our company complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for our company in the U.S.