Associate Director, Accounting Standards Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
- Provides support and services to all operating and corporate divisions regarding accounting and reporting issues, including impairment assessments, divestitures, acquisitions, joint ventures, restructuring, etc.
- Responsible for external accounting issues relating to these transactions.
- Monitors, reviews and interprets impact on the Company of new accounting/reporting regulations or proposals promulgated by various professional and regulatory agencies.
- Lead implementation efforts related to various proposed accounting standards, including coordinating meetings with key stakeholders to ensure all potential impacts are discussed and properly evaluated.
- Prepare select financial reporting requirements, including quarterly Controller’s Report, quarterly accounting memos, review of quarterly submissions of Financial Control Questionnaires (FCQ’s), etc.
- Assists with developing content and delivering training of new accounting standards to key stakeholders.
- Establishes, maintains and documents the Company's standard accounting practices and procedures as required in order to maintain a controlled system of accounting and reporting on a world-wide basis within Company policies.
- Develops procedures and recommends changes in method or practices when required to assure compliance with professional and regulatory bodies.
- Assists with preparation of financial verbiage for the Annual Report, 10-K and 10-Q's. This includes working with the Director of External Reporting on sections of management Discussion and Analysis as well as all required disclosures in the financial statements and footnotes, including preparation of the quarterly Disclosure Checklist.
- Develops responses to FASB, EITF, AICPA, SEC and IASC on their proposals for comment, as deemed necessary.
- Assists with other ad-hoc special projects, as deemed necessary.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- BS/BA degree in Accounting required.
- A minimum of 5 years of demonstrated technical accounting experience, preferably with a Big 4 firm
- Must be able to cope with changing priorities and work under the pressure of rigid time schedules
- Experience with performing technical accounting evaluations and preparing related white papers
- Certified Public Accountant
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: General Accounting
Job Title:Assoc. Dir, General Accounting
Primary Location: NA-US-NJ-Kenilworth
Other Locations: NA-US-NJ-Whitehouse Station
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark
Job Segment: Law, Manager, Accounting, Compliance, Animal Health, Legal, Management, Finance, Veterinary