Associate Director, Account Management Excellence - United States
|External Posting Title||Associate Director, Account Management Excellence|
|Job Description||The Associate Director, Account Management Excellence position lead a function contributing to develop and to strengthen Account Management Strategy and Capability within Biogen. Account Management has been identified as a critical engagement model for Biogen across many therapeutic areas and markets. |
This person will be in charge to harmonize existing approaches, to leverage best practices across affiliates, to develop competency models and identify training needs.
The success of this role will be determined by the ability of this person to engage a range of stakeholders in different functions and geographies to understand and harmonize existing account Management approaches.
1. Account Management Strategy and Capability development
• Develop Biogen Strategy : Vision, 3-year strategic and capability roadmap, assess current state and ambitions across the organization.
• Identify internal and External Best Practices and benchmarks.
• Co-develop supporting Account Management capabilities: competency models, account planning and engagement model, tools and enablers, compensation and Incentives, etc.
2. Lead Account Management Task Force
• Lead a global Task Force involving various stakeholders from Global, Regional and Affiliates from a range of various functions (Sales, Medical, Marketing, etc.…) to achieve the development of AM capability. This taskforce will be leveraged on a continuous basis to pilot and scale new tools, processes, enablers and share best practices.
3. Performance Measurement : Objective, Plan, Measure and Learn
• In collaboration with Regions and Affiliates, this person will develop an annual plan to set-up objectives, actions and measurement to improve Account Management Capability across the organization.
|Location||Cambridge, MA, US|
|Job Category||Commercial Operations, Global Commercial Strategy|
• Min 10 years’ experience in business/consultant roles in Pharma/Biopharma industry
• Strong subject matter expert in Account Management Capability Development - driving strategic thinking; create simplicity from complexity.
• Proven track record of delivering Excellence in previous roles leading to business impact
• Exceptional communication, collaboration/interpersonal skills with the ability to connect with impact, credibility
• Excellent relationship management and interpersonal skills to engage with a large range global and local stakeholders
• Highly self-motivated to engage with stakeholders and willing to travel regularly to pro-actively engage
• Fluent in English, other languages beneficial
• Bachelor’s Degree
• MBA desirable
|About Biogen||Corporate Overview|
Through cutting-edge science and medicine, Biogen discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases. Biogen is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). Biogen also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics. Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
One of the pioneers in biotechnology, Biogen was founded in 1978 and today serves patients in nearly 90 countries. Our global headquarters and R&D operations are located in Cambridge, Massachusetts, with an international headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, world-class manufacturing facilities in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA and Hillerod, Denmark, and affiliate locations around the world.
We aspire to have the greatest impact on patients and science of any biotechnology company in the history of our industry. To us, that means creating novel medicines that benefit individuals and society, and bringing new scientific understanding to diseases for which there are no adequate treatments.
For nearly two decades Biogen has led in the research and development of new therapies to treat MS, including the most prescribed oral treatment in the world. Now our research is driving revolutionary new MS treatments with the goal of reversing or even repairing damage caused by the disease. We are now applying our neurological expertise to solve some of most challenging and complex diseases of the brain, including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and ALS. As we uncover new insights into human biology, Biogen is employing cutting-edge technologies to discover potential treatments for rare and genetic disorders.
Biogen is revolutionizing biologics manufacturing, developing the industry’s most advanced plants and processes. This expertise is used to produce both original innovative therapies and biosimilars that expand patient access to lower-cost medicines.
Our Corporate Citizenship
The same intellectual discipline and passion that drives our science is reflected in our corporate citizenship, environmental sustainability, and commitment to diversity and inclusion. As a company, we are focused on improving science education and limiting the impact of our company on the environment. In 2015, we became a carbon neutral company and ranked first place on Newsweek’s 2015 Green Rankings, and we are an industry leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Biogen was named to Science’s list of Top Employers of 2015 and in 2017 received a perfect score of 100 for the fourth consecutive year on the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equality Index, which also named Biogen as one of its Best Places to Work.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Biogen employee will come from "@biogen.com" email accounts.
Nearest Major Market: Cambridge
Nearest Secondary Market: Boston
Job Segment: Manager, Account Manager, Biotech, Scientific, Management, Sales, Science, Research, Engineering