Associate Customer Service Representative - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
The Medical Imaging business of PerkinElmer is a global leader of high performance X-ray detectors with more than 25 years of experience. The business has supplied over 35,000 detectors globally for use in medical, veterinary, and industrial non-destructive testing (NDT) applications.
We are seeking Associate Customer Service Representative based in Santa Clara, CA. This is a temporary position.
This is a temporary position that will manage the customer vendor set ups in SAP, along with handling some of the day to day responsibilities of customer care. The main responsibility will be the SAP project.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Set up current customers in SAP database.
- Promptly, professionally process inquiries from customers, prospects, sales representatives, colleagues.
- Handle communications in compliance with regulatory requirements, procedures, and best practices.
- Provide quotes to customers using approved price list. Work with Purchasing to assemble parts quotes.
- Obtain required approvals before submission to customer.
- New Orders:
- Review customer purchase orders for completeness and accuracy.
- Collaborate with Operations / Sales to align delivery schedule and promise dates.
- Enter relevant data into ERP system and create sales orders. Acknowledge customer PO. Commit to promise dates. Check for accuracy and maintain files.
- Communicate delivery schedules to customer. Review schedules frequently.
- Resolve issues arising throughout order logistics process. Support customer with daily tracking information and, as needed, additional follow-up, research, analysis, or duplicate documentation.
- Align customer changes to need dates, ensuring ERP documentation is updated and accurate. Work actively to meet or exceed on-time delivery metrics.
- Coordinate with Purchasing on supplier changes that threaten schedule. Notify customer of any changes that impact deliverability and request plan rework, as needed.
- Interact with Accounting / Sales to resolve credit issues and set up new customer accounts.
- Customer returns management - RMA’s:
- Review customer RMA requests for information completeness and accuracy.
- Determine RMA type and enter customer data into ERP. Maintain accurate files.
- Inform customer of issued RMA number.
- Initiate Credit Memos to Accounting when necessary.
- Coordinate RMA repair quotes with customer and update the RMA repair charges in ERP.
- Track and advise customers of current RMA status and advise on delivery dates.
- Assist with the resolution of issues with the logistics surrounding the importation or export of RMA units.
- Create and maintain customer files to contain all order, quotation, invoices and other documentation related to customer.
- Sample / Loaner Management:
- Interface with Sales / Application Engineering / PKI sites to meet Demo requests on-time.
- Maintain inventory movements in ERP for tracking.
- Compliance & Reporting:
- Adhere to ISO 13485 and FDA standards and requirements.
- Provide Auditors with documentation supporting SOX compliance.
- Prepare reports as requested: order confirmations, backlog data, late shipments, RMA’s, others.
- Export and Import Compliance:
- Adhere to PKI import / export management procedures to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Conduct Denied Parties List screening, as needed.
- Maintain export documentation related to shipping transactions.
- Process Improvement:
- Actively participate in continuous improvements that support customer service.
- Technical Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing / Communications or related field preferred, equivalent experience required
- Experience in SAP ECC 6.0 required
- 2-4 years of customer service experience required
- Experience in Medical Devices industry is preferred
- Solid familiarity with Microsoft Office required
- Communication Skills:
- Ability to build effective relationships with customers and colleagues across all levels.
- Strong oral/written communication skills with the ability to deliver clear, concise messages.
- Meeting Commitments:
- Excellent time management skills, meeting or exceeding commitments in a demanding environment.
- Able to work independently, as well as part of a team.