This job is currently Archived,
Associate Consultant Scientist, DSP Lead - Canada
Posted on : 07 May 2017
- Our company is a global, innovation-driven company that develops and markets products to improve animal health and protein production in more than 75 countries.
- Responsible for timely progression of R&D projects through the application of scientific knowledge for the development of purification processes following innovative approaches to enhance customer value.
- Plan, execute and coordinate daily and weekly work schedule.
- Design, review and make recommended changes to scientific protocols and procedures.
- Participate in project teams within the function and present results during team, project or unit meetings.
- Write reports and may write external publications.
- Prepare SOPs/working procedures. Support preparation of registration documents.
- Perform data analysis and use results for the design of next experiment or troubleshooting activities
- Collaborate with other associates and scientists to facilitate knowledge exchange.
- Train and coach peers. Develop methods for characterization of recombinant proteins using varied analytical tools
- Develop of methods for protein purification and able scale-up purification process at pilot and commercial scale
- Maintain infrastructure of laboratory and an organized, clean and safe working environment.
- Ensure the compliance with external and internal guidelines (e.g. SOPs, GxP, HSE, and AW) are in an appropriate state of control.
Education and Experience | Education
- MSc/PhD in Chemical/Biochemical Engineering or related sciencesExperience
- Minimum 5 years industry experience (MS) or one year for PhD.Adequate understanding of research and/or development processes in own function.
- Thorough knowledge in purification of nucleic acid vaccines, virus-like particles and recombinant proteins at lab and pilot scale.
- Expertise in engineering concepts for scale up/scale down models for characterization and troubleshooting of vaccine manufacturing processes
- Experience in vaccine formulation considered a plus
- Candidates should be open to relocation,Thorough technical understanding of the quality systems and regulatory requirements
- Experience in root cause analysis
- Number of Direct reports: 1-3 Responsible for meeting agreed upon timelines for tasks, assignments, and/or objectives.
- Provides timely, regular & accurate update of projects to management and/or related databases & tools.
- Maintains compliance with quality systems & standards Supports Director in performance evaluations, settings and development planning
- Our company will conduct, at its own expense, a background search (including verification of educational credentials, contacting three of your personal references) of the successful candidate. The company is committed to employment equity.
- We encourage applications from qualified women, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities.