Associate Clinical Research Associate (CRA)- Massachusetts Job - United States
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
As an Associate Clinical Research Associate roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- With support, acts as primary site contact and site manager throughout all phases of a clinical research study, taking responsibility of allocated sites.
- Develops strong site relationships and ensures continuity of site relationships through all phases of the trial.
- Performs clinical study site management/monitoring activities in compliance with ICH-GCP, Sponsor SOPs, Local Laws & Regulations, Protocol, Site Monitoring Plan and associated documents.
- Gains an in-depth understanding of the study protocol and related procedures.
- Coordinates & manages various tasks in collaboration with other sponsor roles to achieve Site Ready.
- Participates & provides inputs on site selection and validation activities.
- Performs remote and on-site monitoring & oversight activities using various tools to ensure:
- Data generated at site are complete, accurate and unbiased
- Subjects’ right, safety and well-being are protected
- Conducts site visits including but not limited to validation visits, initiation visits, monitoring visits, close-out visits and records clear, comprehensive and accurate visit & non-visit contact reports appropriately in a timely manner.
- Collects, reviews, and monitors required regulatory documentation for study start-up, study maintenance and study close-out.
- Communicates with Investigators and site staff on issues related to protocol conduct, recruitment, retention, protocol deviations, regulatory documentation, site audits/inspections and overall site performance.
- Identifies, assesses and resolves site performance, quality or compliance problems and escalates per defined CRA Escalation Pathway as appropriate in collaboration with CRM, PLM and RCPM.
- Manages and maintains information and documentation in n CTMS, eTMF and various other systems as appropriate and per timelines.
*This is a remote/home-based position.
- Required: BA/BS
- Preferred: BA/BS with strong emphasis in science and/or biology
- Minimum of 2 years of clinical research experience (i.e. Clinical Trial Assistant, Study Coordinator, Regulatory Clinical Trial Coordinator or similar).
Oncology Therapeutic Area experience
- Valid driver's license
CORE Competency Expectations:
- Fluent in Local Languages and English (verbal and written) and excellent communication skills, including the ability to understand technical information. Developing ability to present technical information with support.
- Good understanding and working knowledge of clinical research, phases of clinical trials, current GCP/ICH & country clinical research law & guidelines.
- Good understanding of Global, Country/Regional Clinical Research Guidelines and ability to work within these guidelines.
- Hands on knowledge of Good Documentation Practices
- Developing skills in Site Management including management of site performance and patient recruitment
- Developing level of monitoring skill and independent professional judgment.
- Good IT skills (Use of MS office, use of some clinical IT applications on computer, tablet and mobile devices) and ability to adapt to new IT applications on various devices.
Behavioral Competency Expectations:
- Effective time management, organizational and interpersonal skills, conflict management
- Able to work with other experienced research professions to develop skills across multiple protocols, sites and therapy areas.
- High sense of accountability / urgency. Ability to set priorities and handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a changing environment, with support from Line Manager
- Works effectively in a matrix multicultural environment. Ability to establish and maintain culturally sensitive working relationships.
- Demonstrates commitment to Customer focus.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Clinical Research Monitor(CRA)
Job Title:Associate Specialist, Clinical Research
Primary Location: NA-US-MA-Boston
Other Locations: NA-US-Massachusetts, NA-United States
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Clinic, Law, Oncology, Medical Research, Research Associate, Healthcare, Legal, Research