- Perform a variety of purchasing duties. Maintain records and files pertinent to purchasing information.
- Perform assigned operational tasks and responsibilities related to the purchase of equipment, materials, and supplies.
- Research and format information for formal bids and other related procurement activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Purchase routine, non-discretionary materials and supplies.
- Check deliveries of material ordered and shipments received. Within prescribed limits, take actions to ensure on-time delivery of material.
- Coordinate return of rejected or unsuitable orders.
- Respond to requests for purchasing data and status of material activities.
- Collaborate with buyers on daily activities and special projects.
- Compile, record and track purchasing activities and pricing data to identify and pursue cost saving opportunities.
- Compile, record, and track pertinent purchasing data in order to maintain purchasing systems, vendor adds and changes, placing, updating and expediting POs and following up on quotes.
- Map vendor performance, and recommend sources of supply.
- Research, provide support and resolve supplier invoicing issues.
- Determine the best source for needed material/services and make recommendations to the buyers.
- Work with buyers and contribute to researching and writing RFPs.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Associate’s Degree (A.A./A.S.) or equivalent in related field.
- Experience: Two to four years related experience and/or training.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None.
- Other: Able to work with a minimum of supervision, make decisions and handle multiple deadlines. Familiarity with company products and purchasing needs.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Our company is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet