Assoc. II, Customer Support - Merck Animal Health Job - United States
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Assoc. II, Customer Support is responsible for managing the activities and programs with Merck Animal Health’s direct business for all non-key accounts, relative to the order management of all Merck Animal Health products. Additionally, he/she: engages, advocates and seeks resolution for customer needs when issues/opportunities are presented; helps to coordinate order management activities for new product launches; and engages with other areas of Merck Animal Health to address and manage business and processes for Merck Animal Health Accounts.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Act as a central point of contact within Merck's Order Management Center for all non-key accounts. Partner with MAH sales reps. to address customer specific issues and pull through key business initiatives in support of Merck’s objectives. Act as a liaison between customers and internal Merck organizations (Marketing, Logistics and Warehouse, Finance, Credit, etc.) to address key operational issues.
- Manage customer orders, understand order minimums and shipping requirements.
- Resolve shipping issues, manage problem resolution, and process product returns.
- Ensure that customers receive a high level of customer service while maintaining compliance to MAH’s terms and conditions of sale, laws, regulations and policies.
- Collaborate with customers, sales & marketing to support new product launches and additions to existing product lines. Provide customers with required documentation and manage orders.
- Act as support personnel for recalls within the Order Management Center by working with customers and answering their questions and returns as necessary.
- Communicate with customers on key issues regarding pricing, product deletions, product backorders, policy changes, etc.
- Collaborate with Accounts Receivable counterpart to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Maintain a high level of proficiency in SAP (Systems, Applications and Products) and other relevant systems and applications.
- Maintain essential product knowledge of all MAH products to respond to customer inquiries.
- Manage ad hoc projects as assigned by management.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Associates degree or equivalent college
- B.S./B.A. degree preferred.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and solve problems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications.
- Strong business judgment and decision making ability.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a customer service capacity
- Knowledge of SAP, particularly the Order to Cash components
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Customer Service
Job Title:Assoc. II, Customer Support
Primary Location: NA-US-NE-Omaha
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Omaha
Nearest Secondary Market: Council Bluffs
Job Segment: Medical, ERP, Animal Health, Warehouse, Healthcare, Customer Service, Technology, Veterinary, Manufacturing