Assoc. Director - Strategic Sourcing & Enterprise Shared Svcs (SSES) Job - Singapore
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Stabilize and expand Strategic Meetings Management Program (SMMP) end-to-end service delivery where application. To further optimize the Strategic Meetings Management Program (SMMP) in partnership with our external Partner(s) to ensure a consistent, world-class delivery of safe and compliant meetings while maintaining service excellence and customer focus. To identify opportunities to streamline and/or enhance end-to-end meetings management and other commodity-specific areas such as, but not limited to, Travel and Payment through continuous improvement initiatives in collaboration with the Global COEs to ensure alignment to Strategic Supplier Council (SSC) strategies –to drive innovation. To improve visibility of SMMP to our stakeholders and support the Regional SSES Org Design on the transition to a more focused Account Management to drive operational excellence through data-insights and best practices that are aligned to our internal stakeholders objectives – to advocate and drive SSES vision, mission and value proposition. To deliver agreed SMMP operational related savings targets. As a people manager, build and maintain a high-performing team. To identify key talent and early watches early on and ensure development plan support their competencies.
Primary Responsibilities / Activities:
- Strategic business partner for internal clients.
- Optimise and execute SMMP strategy aligned to Strategic Supplier Council.
- Forecasting, managing and tracking of all meetings within assigned scope of responsibility.
- To advocate and drive SSES Vision and Mission statement and Value proposition. Deliver Org Design Account Management Portfolio - gains understanding of customers' business requirements (challenge requirements as necessary).
- Collaboration with Global Procurement in support of Merck's supply strategy
- Continually interacts with Internal SSES, procurement and external partner(s) to focus on:
- SMMP stabilisation and optimisation
- Deliver meaningful integrated Travel, Meetings and Payment program
- Maintaining customer centricity
- Maintaining service excellence
- Provide Account Management delivery relative to SMMP activities -
- Stakeholder engagement at regional/local levels
- Communicate client needs and advocate
- Top internal client strategy
- Planning and forecasting in collaboration with external Partner
- Data insights and best practice sharing
- Conflict escalation resolution
- Continuous improvement related to Account Management tasks
- Embrace and champion change, foster innovation, focus on the customer, demonstrate courage and collaborate across all divisions
- Drive accountability and ownership of Service Delivery relative to SMMP with external partner(s) with the support of SSES Cluster or Country Lead:
- Full E2E event life-cycle management
- Operational savings targets
- Drives the delivery of best-in-class meeting planning and travel services that are both Cost effective and Deliver value to MSD
- Service implementation
- Continuous improvement on operational processes
- Operational oversight
- Cost effective and compliant service delivery
- SLA, SOPs and KPI monitoring and intervention
- Individual to be responsible for managing the following objectives:
- Participates in various global work streams or initiatives
- Support cluster leads or SSES Country Lead to facilitate the relationships between customers and external Travel and Meeting Partner(s)
- Conduct review meetings with customer base.
- Support Regional Global Congress Lead to implement, stabilise and optimise global congress Plan
- Support cluster and country leads as Regional SMMP Lead.
- Regional Travel required. Frequency to be determined.
- Degree Qualifications preferable but proven years of experience in meetings acceptable
- History of successful project execution; proven experience leading larger and complex programs
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Critical thinking, analytical skills and business acumen needed to make decisions and solve problems
Experience & Skills:
- Minimum 3 years experience managing meetings, travel or other corporate services through third party providers or equivalent experience.
- Experience in Pharmaceutical related Meetings advantageous.
- Self motivated and strong communication, presentation, analytical and decision-making skills required.
- Proven ability to manage/work with teams in global environment.
- Proven success with little-to-no supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Managed or been part of change/projects in large, complex, environments.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, track and manage related activities.
- Effective influencing skills and ability to build strong partnerships both internally and externally essential.
- Six sigma training or green or black belt qualification a plus. Effective leadership skills demonstrated through solid teamwork and exemplifying MSD Leadership Principles.
Personal Attributes :
- A high level of motivation and a self-starting attitude
- Six Sigma methodology experience a plus (Yellow or Green Belt level)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Job: Shared Services Job Title:Assoc. Dir, Shared Svcs Marketing
Primary Location: APAC-SG-Singapore-Singapore
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:MSD
Job Segment: Manager, Strategic Sourcing, Pharmaceutical, Procurement, Management, Operations, Science, Strategy