Assoc. Director – Safety & Environment - Ireland
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
- As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
- Provides leadership and technical guidance in order to develop, implement, maintain and improve continuously the Environmental, Safety and Health Management System for site and company Commercial Operations, in order to guarantee full compliance with: legal requirements related to Environmental, Safety and Health; company's corporate standards, policies, procedures and guidelines related to EHS and industry best practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, develop and implement EHS programs in order to assure continuous compliance with local legislation, company's standards and industry best practices.
- Support Sites' Leadership to maintain and improve their local EHS programs, through each site Operations team or directly. Assist Operational departments in achieving and maintaining compliance.
- Prepare required reports to site, divisional and/or corporate management and regulatory agencies.
- Manage budgetary & capital needs to support EHS initiatives, projects and programs.
- Serve as interface with governamental EHS agencies and insurance carriers.
- Evaluate, with other site depts., the requirements related to EHS applicable for new projects and processes as well as changes in the existing processes and installatation.
- Responsible for overseeing all environmental programmes to ensure compliance and maintenance of site EHS permits and licenses.
Typical Minimum Education:
- Technical primary Bachelor degree with a post-grad EHS qualification.
- Desirable Post-Graduation studies on Business Administration
Typical Minimum Experience:
- 5+ years EHS experience in Chemical and/or Pharmaceutical industries.
- Experience on supporting multiple activities/projects and on working with EHS regulatory agencies and Corporate support functions.
- The ideal candidate is a self directed, technically strong individual who can work in a multi-functionary team environment.
- Our employees are the key to our company’s success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Segment: Environmental Engineering, Manager, Safety, Law, Environmental Health & Safety, Engineering, Management, Service, Legal, Healthcare