Assoc. Director - Microbial Control Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The incumbent will be part of the Global Technical Operations - Sterile & Validation Center of Excellence, a technical operations group that has global responsibility for pharmaceutical manufacturing technology and validation subjects. In the Microbial Control role, the incumbent will provide technical leadership for operational and strategic projects related to microbial control. The incumbent must be experienced in one or more subject areas including sterile/aseptic manufacturing and facility design, microbiological control, environmental monitoring, cleaning and disinfection and critical utilities. This role will require collaboration and global coordination of work across Operations, Quality and above site groups including Sterile Microbial Quality Assurance and the Microbiology COE. Responsibilities contain technical, regulatory, and business elements.
The incumbent will be responsible to:
- Set company policies and practices in the designated area(s) of expertise
- Assist manufacturing sites and project teams with project strategy, regulatory interactions and trouble-shooting in the designated area of expertise
- Lead company initiatives and projects to improve practices across the company in the designated area of expertise
- Participate in external industry and regulatory forums in order to stay abreast of industry trends and to advocate for approaches that are judged to be “Best Practice”
- Establish/maintain industry-leading expertise in the designated subject area(s)
- Required: BS in Engineering, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Microbiology or a related field. Advanced degree preferred.
Minimum requirements for the role would be Bachelor’s + 8
years, Master’s + 5 years, and/or PhD + 3 years in pharmaceutical manufacturing
or technical support role
- Technical problem-solving abilities
- Strong communications, planning and collaboration/negotiation skills
- Technical writing proficiency
- Ability and willingness to travel to the manufacturing sites in USA, Europe, Latin America and /or Asia for up to 20% of the time
- Advanced subject expertise in one or more of the following areas: sterile/aseptic manufacturing and facility design, microbiological control, environmental monitoring, cleaning and disinfection, critical utilities
- It is preferred that candidates have a Microbiology degree, but not required
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Chemical Engineering
Job Title:Assoc. Dir, Engineering
Primary Location: NA-US-PA-West Point
Other Locations: NA-US-NC-Durham, NA-US-VA-Elkton, NA-US-NJ-Kenilworth, NA-US-NJ-Rahway
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Hazardous Materials: No
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Manager, Microbiology, Law, Engineer, Pharmaceutical, Management, Science, Legal, Engineering