Assoc. Director, IT Program/Project Management Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The incumbent has responsibility for program management of IT Divisional initiatives that support Merck's business strategies. The Program Manager collaborates with the IT Client Service Leaders in partnering with the relevant business and IT areas to effectively coordinate execution of strategic projects. The incumbent will be jointly accountable with fellow project managers to improve program and project management capabilities of the PMO.
This individual combines the expertise of Project Management, Resource Acquisition, and Merck IT Compliance and Integration. The Program Manager leads planning and reporting activities for strategic activities, is the trusted advisor of the business account manager and client service leads, ensures Merck technology standards compliance and identifies and pursues integration and leveraging of existing platform opportunities.
This role in the near term more specifically will serve as a Program Lead for one of the key programs within Global Support Functions IT area supporting the Finance organization. This position will be a driving force in leveraging existing and new technologies to assist the Finance organization in achieving their operational and strategic objectives, while maintaining alignment with IT organization. The individual in this role will be the liaison between Finance business stakeholders and IT execution team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Strong proficiency in Project and Program Management, with five or more years’ experience of IT project management guiding projects (>$1MM) from inception to close-out.
- Strong communication (written, oral, presentation), negotiation, influencing and relationship skills along with high personal integrity, credibility, and energy at all levels of the organization.
- Advanced financial management experience including program level budget preparation and monitoring
- Must have strong MS office skills including MS Project.
- Competent in the use of PPM, project management and analytical software tool
- Knowledge of MS Project Server and SharePoint project portfolio management processes and reporting tools.
- Ability to coach and mentor junior program and project managers.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and define business problems, develop business cases, and advise business owners on managing risks.
- Solid understanding of the value of Analytics, Master Data management and other disciplines that underpin good Analytics practices
- Experience working in regulated environments (GxP, FDA) and with SDLC methodologies.
- Strong business judgment.
- Ability to direct the work of others.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Project and program management experience across multiple IT areas
- Advanced influencing and negotiation skills
- Possess the desire and drive to collaborate and continuously improve PMO processes, methodologies, tools, systems, templates, etc.
- Solid business intelligence and analytics technical delivery experience.
- Ability to work toward enterprise goals, using influence rather than control, and fostering a work environment based on trust, sharing and collaboration.
- Experience in managing third-party vendors and development partners in a global environment.
- Ability to make a positive contribution as demonstrated by learning new skills and makings suggestions for process/procedure improvement.
- Awareness of relevant industry business, information and technology trends.
- Ability to manage through complexity and ambiguity along with competing priorities.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Program/Project Management
Job Title:Assoc. Dir, Program/Project Management
Primary Location: NA-US-NJ-Branchburg
Other Locations: NA-US-NJ-Kenilworth, NA-US-NJ-Whitehouse Station West
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Company Trade Name:Merck
Job Segment: Manager, Program Manager, Developer, Computer Science, Project Manager, Management, Technology