Assoc Dir, Revenue Accounting (Temporary) - United States
Assist with new Revenue recognition standard (ASC 606) preparation, including, but not limited to:
- Analysis of customer contracts and the related impact from ASC 606. Includes analysis of revenue recognition components included in each contract and the revenue revenue accounting changes likely to result from the new standard.
- Analysis of revenue accounting SOX controls, processes and documentation and the related impact from ASC 606. Update SOX controls and documentation as necessary.
- Revise contract review template to accomodate new revenue standard.
- Review contracts executed YTD 2017 and review using the new standard.
- Document new revenue standard contract review process. Includes how contracts gathered and selected to review.
- Review other revenue types (collaborative, milestone and royalty).
- Document affect of the new revenue standard on the close and contract review procedures. What will change and how.
Work on other revenue projects including, but not limited to:
- Assisting with Sales channel Rebate module setup and testing of reserves, reporting (dashboard).
- Revise and improve selected revenue Balance Sheet recons (sales commissions, Accrued roy payable, etc.).
- Review/enhance customer database and contract review log process, tools.
- Sales register automation / other
Minimum of 5-8 years in a corporate finance department, preferably in a public company environment.
- Revenue guidance (GAAP) knowledge, including ASC-606 (new revenue recognition standard) and ASC-605.
- Experience with revenue accounting (5+ years preferred).
- Experience working with Oracle (preferred) and/or SAP accounts receivable and general ledger modules.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects at once, work under pressure, apply judgment and ask for aid in prioritizing as applicable required.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively to resolve issues required.
- Excellent interpersonal (written and verbal) communication skills.
BS in Business Administration with emphasis in Accounting or Finance.
CPA preferred but not mandatory.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.