This job is currently Archived,
Assoc. Dir / Director, Structural Biology - United States
Posted on : 10 July 2017
- Our company is a fast growing biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of proprietary therapeutics, primarily for oncology.
- We are part of the S&P 500 and named one of the Forbes most innovative companies in the U.S.
- Our first commercial product, Jakafi?, is approved in the U.S. for patients with intermediate or high-risk myelofibrosis and for patients with polycythemia vera and projected to reach $1 billion in annual sales this year.
- We have a diverse and growing portfolio of product candidates, including both small and large molecules.
- Our company employees enjoy a rewarding fast paced work environment, competitive compensation, an affordable cost of living and close proximity to Philadelphia, Baltimore, D.C. and the New Jersey and Delaware beaches.
- Our company is seeking a candidate with industry experience to build and integrate structural biology capabilities using a combination of internal and external resources.
- He/she will provide structural biology support for company discovery programs and interact broadly with the Medicinal Chemistry and Discovery Biology teams.
- The successful candidate will have extensive experience with protein structure determination using x-ray crystallography and have determined multiple novel structures. He/she will be responsible for rapid and iterative structure determination in support of small molecule structure-activity relationships.
- Provide structural biology expertise in support of our company discovery program
- Institute crystallization, data collection and structure solution capabilities using internal and external resource
- Act as a key member for drug discovery project teams and interact directly with medicinal and computational chemist
- Participate as member of the new target discovery team and provide expertise in evaluation of chemical tractability
- Experience with protein NMR and/or computational biochemistry is a plus
- Ph.D. in chemistry, biochemistry or related field, plus a minimum of 8 years of experience in structural biology
- Proven experience supporting drug discovery programs with structural biology method
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven experience managing direct and indirect reports
- Self-driven, creative and entrepreneurial with ability to support multiple programs simultaneously