Assoc. Dir. / Director, Bispecific Antibody Discovery - United States
Bispecific Antibody Discovery
Incyte Corporation is a Wilmington, Delaware-based biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of proprietary therapeutics, primarily for oncology. Our first commercial product, Jakafi®, is approved in the U.S. for patients with intermediate or high-risk myelofibrosis and for patients with polycythemia vera who have had an inadequate response to or are intolerant of hydroxyurea. We have a diverse and growing portfolio of product candidates, including both small and large molecules.
Over the last two years Incyte has established a partnership alliance with Agenus for the discovery and development of therapeutic antibodies in the area of Immuno-oncology. This has resulted in the initiation of two clinical development programs and a number of discovery research programs. Recently, the commitment to therapeutic antibodies was reinforced by signing a broad collaboration with Merus B.V. for the discovery and development of bispecific therapeutic antibodies in the area of Oncology.
Incyte is seeking a candidate with extensive industry experience in discovering and developing biotherapeutic antibodies. He/she will play a critical role as part of a team of scientists focused on the discovery and development of bispecific antibodies for therapeutic applications with an emphasis on oncology.
- Provide broad intellectual leadership to the antibody discovery team
- Act as individual contributor focused on supporting the Merus partnership and the development of the Ab group
- Will have a crucial role in establishing a working relationship with the Merus counterpart
- Interface with Merus and Incyte colleagues in the design of projects and their strategic execution
- Represent Applied Technology Group on project discovery teams
- Work with multiple CROs and Applied Technology Group members to accomplish experimental goals
- Responsible for protein engineering / optimization activities
- Participate on new target evaluation and support validation activities geared to target nomination
- Ph.D. in biochemistry, molecular biology, cell biology or related field, plus a minimum of 8 years of experience in antibody discovery and engineering
- Proven expertise directing antibody discovery projects for therapeutic applications
- Comprehensive experience in antibody discovery by immunization and/or display technologies
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with discovery and development of bispecific antibodies preferred
- Strong background on protein engineering and optimization
- Experience on protein structural modeling and design (Rosetta, MOE, Discovery Studio) preferred
- Strong background on biophysical characterization analysis preferred
- Experience in fragment engineering preferred
- Proven experience managing direct and indirect reports
- Self-driven, creative and entrepreneurial