Assoc Dir, Digital and Social Communications Boston United States,
The Associate Director, Digital and Social Communications is a pivotal member of the Corporate Communications team, with responsibility for strategizing and implementing the company’s corporate social and digital platform and policies. The ideal candidate is an expert in social media communications, both current and emerging platforms, and has experience managing corporate website content, communicating corporate brand narratives, and working cross-functionally in a highly matrixed environment. Interconnectivity is critical for someone in this role in order to curate compelling content that advances Alexion’s mission, business, values and narrative.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement communications’ strategies and content for Alexion’s corporate social media channels and corporate website that will create a positive image for the Company, give visibility to company activities, aid in recruitement and retention efforts and gain followers
- Maintain Alexion.com; collaborating with functional content owners and Information Technology (IT) colleagues to ensure a dynamic and accurate reflection of who Alexion is
- Closely partner with cross functional business and corporate partners to identify upcoming content to support company strategies and objectives (e.g., product launches, CSR activities/reports, culture activities, patient-centricity programs, thought leadership speaking events, corporate awards)
- Work closely with corporate commnications team to broadly communicate company narrative and effectively position the company in the social and digital environment
- Update and enhance select country and regional corporate websites in partnership with in-country colleagues and IT organization
- Develop and manage ongoing LinkedIn series, posts and/or pages for a select number of key executives
- Manage day-to-day support from social media and digital agencies
- Identify and oversee the right mix and cadence of content and engagement across platforms
- Ensure quality and appropriate monitoring and reporting is in place across platforms
- Oversee key analytics, SEO and tools and make recommendations for improvements
- Conduct ongoing measurement, analytics and reporting to evaluate the success of our social media strategy; refining as needed
- Reinforce and enforce social media policy and continue to build capability for expanded employee participation. Review and update policy annually
- Ongoing communication and partnership on governance structure for review and approval of corporate digital/social channels to ensure a cohesive presence across company platforms
- A bachelor’s degree in related field
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in publicly traded and highly regulated company
- Experience managing a company’s social media accounts such as Twitter and LinkedIn
- Significant experience in web and mobile analytics
- Experience with Adobe Creative and Microsoft suites a plus.
- Proven ability to build, lead and manage internal and external teams
- Appreciation of importance of a patient-centered mission
- Strong interpersonal skills and integrity
- Ability to move materials through approval and governance processes with a focus on both diplomacy and timely execution
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Highly proactive and willing to take initiative
- Enthusiastic person with a high level of professionalism
- Comfort in a fast-moving environment with frequent changes in scope or direction of projects
- Master’s degree preferred
Boston, MA, United States
Some opportunities happen only once in a lifetime – like a job where you have the extraordinary opportunity to change lives. At Alexion, such opportunities arise through our unwavering mission to serve patients and families affected by rare diseases. These patients are our guiding star, and we act with integrity, urgency, and discipline because we know their lives are at stake.
Alexion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on serving patients and families affected by rare diseases through the discovery, development and commercialization of life-changing therapies. As the global leader in complement biology and inhibition for more than 20 years, Alexion has developed and commercializes the first and only approved complement inhibitor to treat patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH), atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS), and anti-acetylcholine receptor (AchR) antibody-positive generalized myasthenia gravis (gMG). Alexion also has two highly innovative enzyme replacement therapies for patients with life-threatening and ultra-rare metabolic disorders, hypophosphatasia (HPP) and lysosomal acid lipase deficiency (LAL-D). In addition, the company is developing two late-stage therapies, a second complement inhibitor and a copper-binding agent for Wilson disease. Alexion focuses its research efforts on novel molecules and targets in the complement cascade and its development efforts on the core therapeutic areas of hematology, nephrology, neurology, and metabolic disorders. Alexion has been named to the Forbes list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies seven years in a row and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts’ Innovation District. The company also has offices around the globe and serves patients in more than 50 countries.
Alexion’s aspiration is to be the most rewarding place to work, where people are empowered to make a difference and where diversity of backgrounds and ideas is encouraged. We are looking for talented individuals who share our passion and commitment to change the lives of patients with rare diseases. We hope you will consider joining our team. Further information about Alexion can be found at: www.alexion.com.
As a leading employer in our industry, Alexion is proud to offer a highly competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more.
Find a Job Find Candidates