Assoc Dir, Commercial Insights & Forecasting LATAM - United States
Alexion has grown organically and now has operations in more than 40 countries. Alexion is strengthening its’ commercial team to manage sustained growth of the core indications and expansion into new therapy areas. This position will report into Head of Business Operations Latin America.
The Associate Director LATAM Commercial Insights & Forecasting will be responsible for all quantitative and qualitative analytics, insights and market research needed to support the success of all TA’s (Soliris and Metabolics) business in the LATAM Region. This individual will be expected to provide information, analyses and insights to the both the Soliris and Metabolics regional and local marketing teams who they will work closely with.
Jointly with Finance, he/she will provide leadership and oversight to regional strategic forecasting across franchises, for which will be responsible for defining and implementing standardized processes to calculate patient demand.
Additionally as needed the Associate Director will collaborate and maintain close ties with the other Commercial Insights functions around the world (priority to US/Global counterpart) to ensure best practice is being upheld and collaborate on any global strategic guidance and projects. At a regional level, this role will need to interact with colleagues in Business Operations and finance to facilitate the integration of information sources to deliver meaningful analysis and insights
The role of the Associate Director LATAM Commercial Insights & Forecasting is to support Alexion marketing teams by enabling high quality, evidence based decision making. This person will lead all LATAM market research projects and reporting/analytics/insights as well as partner with Global Commercial Insights on the design and execution of global projects – that include LATAM.
Specifically the position will entail the following responsibilities
- Conduct analysis of sales data and integrate market research findings to uncover business drivers & barriers and identify trends
- Support the Head of Business Operations in generation and communication of strategic insights
- Partner with brand teams and regularly participate in brand team meetings
- Stakeholder management with country GMs, Finance
- Go beyond a project-based mindset and be a strategic partner. Understand the business, define KPIs, offer strategic insights, communicate these clearly, and ensure that these drive business decisions.
- Develop strong partnerships with cross-functional teams – marketing, medical, sales, business information & excellence, finance, legal and compliance
- Be a part of the BU Leadership team and give advice and recommendations
- Prepare and present regular reports/presentations with meaningful analysis and insights to explain product performance
- Ensure relevant team members are engaged at key stages of projects
- Take leadership of all aspects of the market research project – understanding the business need; designing a project to answer the business question – methodology, vendor; executing the project in a timely manner and within budget; presentation of final results and strategic insights.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative primary market research
- Use any web based data/information to enhance our understanding
- Effective use of internal & external secondary data sources to conduct appropriate analysis
- Review and assess market research agencies and data suppliers. This will encompass a variety of agencies - those that provide primary research and secondary data
- Proactively identify needs and collaborate with the Business Informatics Department to design and implement the required LATAM reports/dashboards for monitoring KPIs including the monthly indication report for Complements and Metabolics with clear Insights
- Actively participate to the Quarterly Business Review, Monthly Business Reviews and Countries Business reviews with a summary for LATAM BUs in order to prepare their discussion with Senior Management, in collaboration with LATAM Commercial Excellence Manager.
- Have regular meeting with the most relevant stakeholders to understand the key market drivers, lead an in depth analysis of the patient portfolio and gain agreement on an action plan for specific Marketing activities
- Leverage partnerships with regional affiliates to identify best practices in business insights and market research and share these with global affiliates
- Assist in managing the business insights and market research budget
- Ensure completion of the standard forecast deliverables as well as high quality solutions and answers to ad hoc requests
- Translate results of primary research and insight-oriented data sources into forecast assumptions
- Ensure incorporation of market research, managed markets, and other insights into forecast assumptions
- Deliver regular forecast updates across organization and develop solutions to ad hoc requests
- 8+ years of analytics or market research experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Experience in a pharmaceutical or biotech company preferred
- Experience in specialty/orphan drugs preferred
- Experience in a global role preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in forecasting / business analytics / financial analysis
- Able to handle a large volume of internal and external data and provide comprehensive analysis
- Solid understanding of pharmaceutical databases and research and statistical methods
- Strong analytics, business planning, and leadership skills required
- Excellent communication skills (verbally and in writing) and ability to translate analysis for various stakeholders
- Track record of leading market research - preferably with a pharmaceutical company
- Demonstrated expertise in different types of primary market research techniques
- Demonstrated knowledge of secondary data sources relevant to pharmaceutical industry
- Experience with quantitative techniques and statistical analyses
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience using technology to work efficiently with datasets such as scripting and statistical software packages is a plus
- Solid conceptual thinking – ability to analyze large amounts of information and extract insights
- Excellent project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects at any given point in time
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a track record of effectiveness as a team player and project leader who can build strong professional relationships and gets results
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing conditions
- Self-starter who demonstrates energy and enthusiasm, bringing a positive can-do approach to all challenges
- Strong written and oral presentation skills and ability to explain complex concepts clearly and to a variety of audiences (including insights presentations to senior management)
- Fluency in English and Spanish or Portuguese, both written and oral mandatory, fluency in 3 aforementioned languages is a plus.
- Ability to travel ~20% of time
- Bachelor’s degree in life science and/or business / marketing.
- Masters/PhD degree preferred – marketing, market research, statistics, psychology
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Business Acumen
- Presentation skills
Miami, FL, United States
Alexion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and delivering life-transforming therapies for patients with devastating and rare disorders. Alexion developed and commercializes Soliris® (eculizumab), the first and only approved complement inhibitor to treat patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH) and atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS), two life-threatening ultra-rare disorders. As the global leader in complement inhibition, Alexion is strengthening and broadening its portfolio of complement inhibitors, including evaluating potential indications for eculizumab in additional severe and ultra-rare disorders. Alexion’s metabolic franchise includes two highly innovative enzyme replacement therapies for patients with life-threatening and ultra-rare disorders, Strensiq® (asfotase alfa) to treat patients with hypophosphatasia (HPP) and Kanuma™ (sebelipase alfa) to treat patients with lysosomal acid lipase deficiency (LAL-D). In addition, Alexion is advancing the most robust rare disease pipeline in the biotech industry, with highly innovative product candidates in multiple therapeutic areas.
As a leading employer in our industry, Alexion is proud to offer a highly competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Alexion, please visit www.alexionpharma.com or download our App for iPhones and Blackberries.
Alexion is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative action employer