Asso. Director/Director, Public Policy Job - China
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
To support MSD China’s franchises and business’ by shaping a legal and regulatory environment conducive to MSD business. To develop and implement policy plans in support of MSD products and policy objectives.
• To monitor legislative and regulatory environment, identify key issues of critical importance for MSD business. Shape those issues through active interventions, and provide strategic advice on their impact and related opportunities for business.
• To develop and co-ordinate multi-faceted advocacy/influencing strategies to promote, support, and/or defend primary business goals and policy objectives.
• To create and develop business contacts with key players/groups/structures. To build common ground, confidence and trust with the target audience and policy stakeholders.
• To act as MSD point person to relevant professional committees in trade associations. To develop relationships with other pharmaceutical companies in the market and participate actively in the activities of professional associations.
• To work cross functionally with the Oncology, Vaccine, and ID BUDs to initiate policy changes which would improve patient access to MSD products.
• Previous work experience in health care sector.
• Knowledge of the China’s pharmaceutical market at the national and regional level.
• Graduate/Post-graduate academic degree in political science or other relevant field.
• Ability to understand, analyze and present complex political and situations and be able to influence their dynamics and outcomes.
• Ability to network effectively both internally and externally
• Excellent communication, negotiation, presentation, analytical and persuasion skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication in Cantonese and in English.
• Strong leadership, project management and problem solving skills
• Medical background and/or MBA is an advantage
• Previous experience in a multi-national company is an advantage.
Job: Policy/Government Relations Job Title:Assoc. Dir, Policy/Govern. Relations
Primary Location: APAC-CN-11-Beijing
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:MSD
Job Segment: Medical, Oncology, Public Policy, Manager, Pharmaceutical, Healthcare, Legal, Management, Science