Asso. Director - Network & Unified Comms. Job - Singapore
The Regional Network and Unified Communications Operations Lead is required to support the operation, planning and execution of IT strategies related to Network and Unified Communications. He/she will be required to lead the governance of our Managed Services partner to drive operational excellence and value to the business.
Primary job responsibilities include:
- Lead the team in APJ in defining and managing network standards, deployment of data, perimeter video and voice network related projects.
- Fully accountable and manages both MSD internal as well as Managed Services teams while resolving network incidents around the globe in follow-the-sun model. Directly influences network incident resolution time with potential impact of millions USD/hour. Manages post-incident root-cause analysis and network improvement activities.
- Defines priorities (through alignment with stakeholders such as business representatives, facility management, site leadership etc.) for network sustainment implementation and manages implementation of sustainment projects not only within his/her primary region. Manages team of MSD network operations experts aligning their competence development with global competence distribution needs. Cooperates with Client Computing, Network Planning, Engineering etc.
- Directly manages and orchestrates Managed Service team supporting Network Operations. Conducts both pro-active as well as reactive analysis of networks; Contributes to risks identification and intrusions based on analysis; Prepares recommendations based on network assessments; Leads teams for network audit protocol development; SME for network operation processes such as maintenance, incident management etc. End-to-end responsibility for assigned process and/or service improvement projects. Orchestrates external suppliers.
- Demonstrates ability to articulate complex thoughts and ideas accurately and clearly, being able to quickly detect and correct instances of miscommunication. Demonstrates the ability to listen to others and integrate alternate points of view in decisions and ideas.
- End-to end ownership capabilities. Natural team leader.
- Problem Solving: Demonstrates the ability to identify and integrate patterns, trends and inconsistencies across multiple data sources to determine their broader implications. Demonstrates the ability to quickly identify potential sources of problems and develop imaginative solutions.
- Provides day-today guidance to contracted resources under global contract framework, manages capacity and resource assignment to projects and operational tasks.
- Ensure team’s effective collaboration across the organization.
- Participate in, plan and recommend network and related IT technology asset architectures and recommend new/emerging technologies for application.
- Operate and implement IT Network and Unified Communications services.
- Translates business requirements into technical designs that ensure availability, stability, scalability, security and ensure the solutions comply to global standard.
- Be a change management steward for Asia Pacific/Japan
- MSc Degree or BSc Degree or equivalent with relevant experience in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, Math, or equivalent
- 5-10 years relevant experience in IT/Telco/Healthcare IT Industry.
- 6-8 years of network operations or service management experience, familiar with IT technology and industry trend, strong skills in developing and maintaining network that span divisions and geographical boundaries, ability to work in highly diverse and matrix organization.
- High resilience to stressful situations.
- 5-8 years of People Management/Leadership experience in a Matrix organization.
- Strong ITIL and process discipline to ensure compliance within the managed services framework and the ability to identify and implement process improvements.
- Self-starter with strategic thinking and tactical ability to problem solving.
- Ability to effectively coach, counsel, and collaborate effectively across the organization.
- Sound knowledge in financial planning and budgeting in ensuring cost effective and management of the IT spend.
- Advanced knowledge of network architecture, implementation and support.
- Practical experience in deploying network and security technologies, such as Cisco routers, switches, wireless infrastructure, firewalls and load balancers as well as unified communications capability.
- Familiarity across Asia Pacific/Japan, and ability to utilize geographical, network knowledge and experience to improve network infrastructure performance
- Client-oriented with excellent documentation, communication, and presentation skills.
Job: Service Delivery/Management Job Title:Assoc. Dir, Service Delivery/Management
Primary Location: APAC-SG-Singapore-Singapore
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:MSD
Job Segment: Network, Manager, Engineer, Computer Science, Cisco, Technology, Management, Engineering