Assistant Scientist - United Kingdom
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is one of the world’s largest Contract Research Organisations with more than 11,000 employees throughout 70 facilities in 16 countries and a market leader in the provision of product development services.
- We take a passionate approach to improving human and animal health.
- Our company is uniquely designed to meet the needs of our clients in the Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Veterinary Medicine and Agrochemical sectors.
- At our world class facility, In Vitro Sciences Department currently has an exciting career opportunity for an Assistant Scientist.
- Due to our continued growth and success, we can offer rewarding opportunities in a challenging research environment.
- At present we are looking for an Assistant Scientist to join the department of In Vitro Sciences.
- Working as an Assistant Scientist, you’ll join a team whose main function is to perform safety assessment on pharmaceuticals, chemicals and consumer products using cell-based assays.
- Cell culture
- ELISA and similar endpoint assays
- Preparation of reagents
- Sample and test material management
- Degree in a relevant scientific discipline.
- It is desirable to have relevant laboratory experience (e.g. cell culture, ELISA) obtained in an industrial or post-graduate setting, however, full training will be provided.
- You should be able to work on your own initiative and manage your own work load.
- Good numeracy and English skills are required and basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel is important.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package: pension plan, life assurance, annual bonus arrangement and private health care
- Excellent career development & training opportunities.
- Humane Care Initiative: CRL is a worldwide leader in the humane care of laboratory animals.
- Company & Team Volunteer Days: get paid to participate in One Day, company Social Responsibility Program.
- Employee Engagement programming: Various social programming and events such as on-site team building, charity fundraising days, holiday festivities and ice cream days in the summer!
- Subsidised Staffroom.
- Free onsite car parking