This job is currently Archived,
Assistant Scientist (Temporary) - United Kingdom
Charles River (company)
Posted on : 11 July 2017
- For nearly 70 years, our company employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies.
- When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe.
- Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform.
- In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We are seeking an experienced Assistant Scientist (Temporary) for our In Vitro Sciences department.
- The primary areas of responsibility will be in assessing absorption and metabolism of drugs, chemical and cosmetics through skin or in preparing radioactive and non radioactive formulations for use in the skin penetration studies.
- Play a full role in the setting up, conduct and reporting of the studies.
The following are minimum requirements related to the Assistant Scientist position:
- Graduated with a degree (or equivalent) in a Life Sciences subject or Chemistry and may possess relevant laboratory experience obtained either in an industrial setting or by way of post-graduate research.
- You will need to be able to communicate effectively with internal clients and colleagues.
- You should be able to work to tight deadlines and record data accurately.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel is important.
About In Vitro Sciences
The In Vitro Sciences department within the company is engaged in the following areas of research; percutaneous penetration, in vitro toxicology, electrophysiology (safety pharmacology) and bespoke testing.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Our company is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Our company also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities.
- Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
- With over 11,000 employees within 70 facilities in 18 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges.
- Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.
- We are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives.
- Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~70% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2016.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Our company is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet
- This information will be used by our company for the purpose of recruitment and selection only and the administration thereof.
- The personal information that you give us will also be used in a confidential manner to help us monitor our recruitment process.
- In the event you are recruited, your data will not be used other than in the normal course of business and the administration of your employment with us.
- We may check the information collected with third parties to ensure its accuracy and we may also use or pass to certain third parties information to prevent or detect crime or in other ways as permitted by law.
- By submitting this application form to us, we will be assuming that you agree to the processing of sensitive personal data in the manner described above.