This job is currently Archived,
Assistant Professor Governance of Crisis Leiden Netherlands,
Universiteit Leiden (company)
Posted on : 29 April 2017
- The Institute seeks to expand its academic staff by appointment of an assistant professor with teaching and research expertise in crisis, and safety studies, in particular crisis-induced learning, crisis evaluations and transboundary risks and crises. The successful applicant will be expected to:
- Develop and teach courses in risk and crisis management, and/or safety studies;
- Conduct independent research and support the further and ongoing development and implementation of the research strategy of the Institute;
- Supervision of thesis and capstone projects;
- Contribute to the tutorial system of student mentoring and advising;
- Acquisition and project management of research and training projects of third parties.
- PhD degree in the broad fields of in risk and crisis management, safety studies or Public Administration;
- Demonstrable research in the field of security and global affairs, risk and crisis management, and/or safety studies;
- Outstanding research qualities manifest in an established or developing publication record;
- Demonstrable excellence in research-led teaching;
- Demonstrable passion for education, in and out of the classroom (experience with blended learning technologies);
- Demonstrable commitment to a close-knit, interdisciplinary academic community;
- Excellent command of English and Dutch;
- Demonstrable command of a diversity of qualitative and quantitative research methods and techniques;
- Excellent network in the world of academics and professionals in the field of security and global affairs, risk and crisis management, and/or safety studies, both domestically and internationally;
- Experience in government-commissioned evaluation and investigation projects;
- Our University requires teaching staff to obtain the University Teaching Qualifications (UTQ).
- The Institute of Security and Global Affairs (ISGA) is a scientific institute that focuses on multidisciplinary research and education within the international scientific field of safety and security studies. The approach to issues of security is global, that is to say that the local, national, transnational and global impact are studied and analysed in conjunction with each other.
Terms and conditions
- The successful candidate will be part of an ambitious and dynamic team.
- He or she will initially be appointed for one year with the possibility of renewal based on need, funding and performance.
- Salary range from
2311 EZ Leiden Netherlands
Find a Job Find Candidates