This job is currently Archived,
Assistant Pathology Technician Tranent United Kingdom,
Charles River (company)
Posted on : 11 April 2017
Department Marketing Statement
- Our company is one of the world s largest Contract Research Organisations with more than 10,000 employees in 26 countries and a market leader in the provision of product development services.
- We take a passionate approach to improving human and animal health.
- Our company is uniquely designed to meet the needs of our clients in the Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Veterinary Medicine and Agrochemical sectors.
- At our world class facility, our Pathology Department currently has an exciting career opportunity for Assistant Pathology Technician s.
- Due to our continued growth and success, we can offer rewarding opportunities in a research environment.
- Working as an Assistant Pathology Technician, you ll join a team which is predominantly involved in animal necropsies dealing predominantly with a niche part of the necropsy process.
- Such a technician may also receive cross training within certain aspects of dosing and animal care procedures.
- Some slide production, and staining of tissues by routine methods may also become a factor within this post.
Duties and responsibilities include:-
- Carrying out laboratory procedures predominantly within necropsy with some specialised niche necropsy procedure therein.
- Procedures on all routine laboratory animal species
- Sampling, the treatment of samples and sample preparation prior to and post fixation of samples
Applicants should have:-
- A minimum of 5 standard grades (preferably including English, Biology, Maths and any other Science subject)
- Flexible approach to suit the needs of the business
- Able to work flexible hours to suit the needs of the business
- Commitment to quality and meeting deadlines
- Ability to sustain bench working conditions for long periods of time
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Competitive salary.
- Comprehensive benefits package: pension plan, life assurance, annual bonus arrangement and private health care
- Excellent career development & training opportunities.
- Humane Care Initiative: CRL is a worldwide leader in the humane care of laboratory animals.
- Company & Team Volunteer Days: get paid to participate in One Day, our company Social Responsibility Program.
- Employee Engagement programming: Various social programming and events such as on-site team building, charity fundraising days, holiday festivities and ice cream days in the summer!
- Free onsite car parking
Tranent United Kingdom
Find a Job Find Candidates