Assistant Corporate Controller - United States
This position will provide direct support to the Corporate Controller ensuring that all transactions are properly accounted for and recorded. The position will be responsible for ensuring all ledger accounts are reconciled timely and provide a direct line of support to business colleagues and other members of the Finance team.
- Collaborate with Corporate Controller with the development of accounting policies, procedures and methodologies.
- Prepare monthly financial statements and metrics for review with Corporate Controller and business
- Manage month end close process & account reconciliations
- Oversee the preparation and analysis of reporting ensuring the quality, reliability and timeliness of the reports including annual, quarterly SEC reports and proxy statements
- Research impact of emerging accounting pronouncements and communicate the effect to senior management and broader business
- Pursue continuous improvement of the closing process cycle
- Preparation of audit schedules and interfacing with the auditors during the financial audit process
- Establish proper records, approvals, documentation and audit trails for all transactions
- Assist in the development of process documentation
- Mentor and train junior staff members
- Assist the Corporate Controller on ad hoc projects
- Maintain formal controls to comply with SOX requirements