Assembler II, Small Diameter - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
To disassemble and assemble quality endoscope subassemblies while adhering to prescribed standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- All employees are expected to be knowledgeable about and follow the Company’s Equal Employment and Affirmative Action Policies, including policies on the rights of individuals with disabilities and harassment.
- Semi-routine assembles of various intricate optical and mechanical components.
- Applies acquired job skills and company policies and procedures to complete assigned assembly tasks.
- Quantity of units produced should correspond to the time standards.
- Perform cleaning and inspection of various components using hand tools and ultrasonic baths.
- Responsible for following prescribed assembly techniques and within assigned time standards to produce quality endoscope sub assemblies while meeting productivity guidelines.
- Actively participate in company sponsored training programs up to and including facilitating training as appropriate to role.
- Ability to cross train in other value stream assemblies as needed.
- Aware of practices and processes utilizing current management tools.
- High school diploma, or equivalent experience.
- 1-2 years of experience assembling miniature precision medical products preferred.
- Proficient in all sub-assembly, disassembly or basic endoscope assembly.
- Must possess ability to understand assembly drawings and written assembly procedures.
- Ability to meet takt time and quality standards.
- Knowledge of Soldering, fusion process, laser welding, pad print preferred.
- Must have the ability to work with adhesives, solvents, microscopes, small hand and power tools, measurement devices and other related tools and equipment.
- Must be able to work well with coworkers.
- Company Matched 401k
- Tuition Reimbursement (Up to $5,250 per year)
- 3 Weeks Vacation plus 8 sick days
- Medical / Dental / Vision (4 plans are offered through Fallon and Aetna)
- Life, STD, LTD & LTC Insurance
- Leadership Development (not for every position – management only)
- Green Belt / Black Belt Certification Programs – KSE
- KARL STORZ University and other training and development programs.
- Fitness Reimbursement $200
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401K, company matches 60% up to 6% of your annual income
- $1,000 Referral Bonus
About the Company:
As the largest privately held medical device company in the world, KARL STORZ has achieved global preeminence in endoscopes and medical imaging devices used in minimally invasive surgery. Our dedication to employee achievement and development through effective training and our commitment to a workforce that reflects and respects global diversity and the future of the environment have allowed KARL STORZ to serve our customers for over 60 years.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. KARL STORZ is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability .