Assembler I, Imaging, 2nd Shift, Temp - United States
KARL Storz (company)
The purpose of this position is to assemble quality endoscope imaging systems while adhering to prescribed standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- All employees are expected to be knowledgeable about and follow the Company’s Equal Employment and Affirmative Action Policies, including policies on the rights of individuals with disabilities and harassment.
- Routinely assembles various intricate optical and mechanical components.
- Acquires job skills and learns company policies and procedures to complete routine assembly tasks.
- Quantity of units produced should correspond to the time standards
- Perform cleaning and inspection of various components using hand tools and ultrasonic baths.
- Load/unload ovens.
- Responsible for following prescribed assembly techniques and within assigned time standards to produce quality imagers while meeting productivity guidelines.
- May perform one or more of the following: Singles Inspection, Epoxying, Grind and Polish, load fiber; Oiling; tie bundles.
- Actively participate in company sponsored training programs.
- Ability to cross train in other value stream assemblies as needed.
- Aware of practices and processes utilizing current management tools.
- High school diploma, or equivalent experience.
- 0-1 years of experience assembling miniature precision medical products preferred.
- Proficient in basic assembly of miniature precision medical products.
- Must possess ability to understand assembly drawings and written assembly procedures.
- Ability to operate simple to moderately complicated machinery.
- Ability to meet takt time and quality standards.
- Must have the ability to work with adhesives, solvents, microscopes, small hand and power tools, measurement devices and other related tools and equipment.
- Must be able to work well with coworkers.
- Company Matched 401k
- Tuition Reimbursement (Up to $5,250 per year)
- 3 Weeks Vacation plus 8 sick days
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Life, STD, LTD & LTC Insurance
- Leadership Development (not for every position – management only)
- Green Belt / Black Belt Certification Programs – KSE
- KARL STORZ University and other training and development programs.
- Fitness Reimbursement $200
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401K, company matches 60% up to 6% of your annual income
- $1,000 Referral Bo nus
About the Company:
As the largest privately held medical device company in the world, KARL STORZ has achieved global preeminence in endoscopes and medical imaging devices used in minimally invasive surgery. Our dedication to employee achievement and development through effective training and our commitment to a workforce that reflects and respects global diversity and the future of the environment have allowed KARL STORZ to serve our customers for over 60 years.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. KARL STORZ is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability .